Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Russian soldier  (Read 12001 times)

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
Russian soldier
« on: July 31, 2014, 05:25:12 am »

... Was working on him some time - still trying to learn basics of animation and character modeling for that purpose. Hes an essential part of my work as my AKs and vehicles need some figure to use them. At start i add some basic equipment and hope i will find a way to add additional ones to make the variability as broad as i can. Also, you will get some textures to play whyte a little later. Right now, what ya say about the 6sh92-5 vest ? (needs additional stuff added like the back-pack, grenade-pouches on the leg and i post it whyte a crappy texture for ya to play whyte)

We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

M7

Re: Russian soldier
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2014, 10:23:04 am »

It looks pretty good. Can you get him in the light? Pretty hard to see the details without direct sunlight.

PytonPago

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2014, 10:26:55 am »

Thats not the light - the flora-camo texture is too dark and .mtl settings aren't right aether.
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

M7

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2014, 02:11:27 pm »

Yeah the camo is too dark but it would help to get him in sun light. Actually i dont know how you could turn off direct sun light.

I think the vest pack should be good enough once uv/textured. Would be interesting to get an AO bake on the vest, just to see.

PytonPago

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2014, 03:10:53 pm »

... the base of the vest is finished ( just as i looked at your post :D ) ... other will be on a separate UV, so here you go. Has all the stuff ya need - if you need some details on the vest, let me know. I own it and can send you all the photos you like. ... also, dond mind some model details, or holes. Still do modifications for fitting future stuff rightly.

drive.google.com/file/d/0B3ZscF0ox2AGd0ZWNDR6LWdMX0k/edit?usp=sharing

P.S.: I might left some bad settings for reflectance and roughness in the matlib. But you will probably find that thingy.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 03:18:07 pm by PytonPago »

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2014, 03:26:29 pm »

You know what V2 needs to be. A nice Lumberjack look!

"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

PytonPago

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2014, 03:33:57 pm »

;D

M7

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2014, 05:40:17 pm »

Now i can see ;D  Did you use a Cloth modifier? I find it look pretty good already.

edit: i just watched aWAC9 video in bug reporting, Do you have the same shadow  curse?

« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 05:49:30 pm by M7 »

PytonPago

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2014, 12:24:18 am »

No cloth-modyfier ... just the good old-fashioned vertice by vertice mouse work.  ;) Doe, i had help from a ripp-off model from BF3, to get the idea of the surface. Still, cloth deformation effect trough local shadows and some wear would be needed there (instead of split-modyfier on the vest) ... sewing tracks and other misc too.

PytonPago

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2014, 09:14:40 am »

Jagerbomber

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2016, 01:42:09 pm »

I don't remember which model is in there right now, but I think I found our soldier elsewhere...  :P :))

"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

PytonPago

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2016, 06:01:56 pm »

not much impressed ... not tacticool movement, no cower taking ... doe, that installation seems interesting. Like a VR-training room.