Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: [Released] Airbus A380-800 from Project Airbus  (Read 103413 times)

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
Re: [Released] Airbus A380-800 from Project Airbus
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2014, 11:59:15 pm »

MAGNIFICEN !  ...  ;)
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

bomber

« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2014, 06:31:07 am »

@Acetone
Nice ;)
If we don't have speed brakes and reverse thrust, at least we need strong brakes, right? ;D :D

Two solutions to this...

Either the Outerra development guys extend the keyboard functionality..
or use the brake command as also a speedbrake activation and use maybe the unused 'mixture' as a reverse thrust command.

personally I'd like an extended keyboard, because this is just going to keep coming up as we get better and need more functionality....
"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell

Levi

• Outerra Mods Site!
« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2014, 06:51:20 am »

or use the brake command as also a speedbrake activation and use maybe the unused 'mixture' as a reverse thrust command.
I'm not completely sure how to do that... Also, mixture is currently used to switch between different camera positions.

personally I'd like an extended keyboard, because this is just going to keep coming up as we get better and need more functionality....
I totally agree with you.

bomber

« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2014, 10:54:34 am »

I do hope there's no holding development back for keyboard extension for interactive mouse control as the 2 methods should co-exist together and are rather 'horses for courses' in their use.

The problem I find with interactive mouse control is that you're having to 'look' at the device and select it before controlling... this is fine in a non-stressfull environment but is simply not realistic in others.... for example.

when driving a car, you don't look down at the gear stick, your hand automatically goes to the stick whilst your focus remains on the road... The same is true about a four quadrant throttle for a plane.. or a bombaimer whist on run in.. he doesn't take his eye from the rectal his hand moves out to the right and by touch alone flicks the master arm switch.

I think this 'simple' keyboard approach to control has a place in simulation.
"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell

Levi

• Outerra Mods Site!
« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2014, 01:07:12 pm »

I do hope there's no holding development back for keyboard extension for interactive mouse control as the 2 methods should co-exist together and are rather 'horses for courses' in their use.

The problem I find with interactive mouse control is that you're having to 'look' at the device and select it before controlling... this is fine in a non-stressfull environment but is simply not realistic in others.... for example.

when driving a car, you don't look down at the gear stick, your hand automatically goes to the stick whilst your focus remains on the road... The same is true about a four quadrant throttle for a plane.. or a bombaimer whist on run in.. he doesn't take his eye from the rectal his hand moves out to the right and by touch alone flicks the master arm switch.

I think this 'simple' keyboard approach to control has a place in simulation.
Agreed. Extended keyboard functionality together with interactive mouse control is definitely necessary, but we have to be patient :) :D

bomber

« Reply #35 on: August 16, 2014, 01:58:17 pm »

Oh I can be patient.... however I suspect that as there's a GUI front end to vehicle control, at the back end to this there's a definitions table... Now a simple xml method of keyboard definition for the 'extended' functions would work for me to develop additional JSBsim control functionality.

IFursov

« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2014, 02:01:59 am »

Aerodynamics isn't good. All the same thanks! I have to you a small inquiry if to you it isn't difficult. You can import A319? or something from the A32X series? Once again thanks!

I have experience in working on with scenarios for fsx. have work to do? maybe I can do something to help?
« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 02:08:27 am by IFursov »

Levi

• Outerra Mods Site!
« Reply #37 on: August 17, 2014, 04:53:54 am »

Aerodynamics isn't good. All the same thanks! I have to you a small inquiry if to you it isn't difficult. You can import A319? or something from the A32X series? Once again thanks!

I have experience in working on with scenarios for fsx. have work to do? maybe I can do something to help?
I know flight dynamics aren't so good, that's mainly because I have almost zero experience doing flight models. Maybe someone with better knowledge/experience can take the FDM and improve it? ;)

In the future, I'm planning to port the A318, A319, A320 and A321 from Project Airbus. That, if I get the permission to do so. But it won't be soon, as the process is very time consuming.

What could you do right now about scenarios, is making airports using roads with the help of Google Maps overlay, then sharing the cache folder so we can have them too. :) It would be very nice to have a big 'international' airport to land this beast on ;D

IFursov

« Reply #38 on: August 17, 2014, 08:36:01 am »

I know flight dynamics aren't so good, that's mainly because I have almost zero experience doing flight models. Maybe someone with better knowledge/experience can take the FDM and improve it? ;)

In the future, I'm planning to port the A318, A319, A320 and A321 from Project Airbus. That, if I get the permission to do so. But it won't be soon, as the process is very time consuming.

What could you do right now about scenarios, is making airports using roads with the help of Google Maps overlay, then sharing the cache folder so we can have them too. :) It would be very nice to have a big 'international' airport to land this beast on ;D

okay, in outerra have something like sdk, like in fsx? where do I start and what to read?
very interested in the question how to put photo ground from google maps to the outerra?

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #39 on: August 17, 2014, 09:02:42 am »

okay, in outerra have something like sdk, like in fsx? where do I start and what to read?
very interested in the question how to put photo ground from google maps to the outerra?

You can use google map or OSM as an overlay. Default keys are Ctrl+shift+G and Ctrl+Shift+M by default. This is useful mostly for hand placement of roads (F6).

Levi : I'm gonna try to do a basic version of a big airport. Seems like Ted Stevens (Alaska) have a correct flat surface in Outerra. So far, I've placed the runways only, correct lenght and width, and the alignment is... kind of accurate  ;D

Snapshot :

« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 04:26:26 pm by Acetone »

Levi

• Outerra Mods Site!
« Reply #40 on: August 17, 2014, 09:11:59 am »

There's no SDK at this moment. You can basically start reading the wiki and looking around the forums.

You can use google map or OSM as an overlay. Default keys are Ctrl+shift+G and Ctrl+Shift+M by default. This is useful mostly for hand placement of roads (F6).
I was about to post this :D

I want to add that just in case you don't see it, there's a slider on the left bottom corner to set the opacity, and on the right top corner you can chose between map and satellite view. (this is for Google Maps overlay only)

Also, if you have trouble using the road tool, check it's help tab.

Levi

• Outerra Mods Site!
« Reply #41 on: August 17, 2014, 09:20:52 am »

Levi : I'm gonna try to do a basic version of a big airport. Seems like Ted Stevens (Alaska) have a correct flat surface in Outerra. So far, I've placed the runways only, correct lenght and width, and the alignment is... king of accurate  ;D
Awesome! Thank you! I love it's location, good choice :)
Now we will need some structures/buildings and airport stuff to place around :D ;D

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #42 on: August 17, 2014, 10:45:36 am »

Major taxiways are finished, but it's a bit tricky to get something proper. There is no terrain flattening tool for the moment, so the surface is a bit bumpy. It's not a problem for runways wich are generated as one block, but for the taxiways wich are done with roads, the result... well, let's say it will not be FAA aproved  ;D

The small runway at the upper right is Lake Hood Strip.

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #43 on: August 17, 2014, 03:33:51 pm »

Nice airfield, but those trees are somehow weird ...
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #44 on: August 17, 2014, 04:14:56 pm »

180 meters of transitional area on every segment of the runway. Pretty much the only solution to avoid trees right next to it  :(

Talkeena airport, not so far away, have a nicer tree distribution and the result is way more natural. I also used a "blank" terrain material road around the runway to the transition less angular.

I will probably use the same solution for Ted Stevens airport.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 04:25:07 pm by Acetone »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8