Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Creating a new Biomes for Outerra?  (Read 5167 times)

HeadClot

Creating a new Biomes for Outerra?
« on: August 04, 2014, 10:18:15 pm »

Hey everyone,

Just curious - How do I go about creating a new biomes for Outerra?

Thank you for your time,

HeadClot

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
Re: Creating a new Biomes for Outerra?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2014, 02:09:00 am »

Depends on what you mean exactly. New biome maps, changing the layout of deserts/savannas around the world, or ground textures and vegetation for existing (or entirely new) biomes?

HeadClot

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2014, 07:22:36 pm »

Ground textures and vegetation for existing (or entirely new) biomes

I want to modify existing biomes and add them to outerra as new biome.

For example - Take a forest level and change the trees to Giant mushrooms or something similar :)

HiFlyer

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2014, 07:47:23 pm »

Somebody did a "racetrack" video of Outerra through several apparently modified biomes and it was pretty cool! Unfortunately that Youtube account was shut down for some reason and that beautiful video seems to be gone.
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2014, 11:43:28 pm »

Somebody did a "racetrack" video of Outerra through several apparently modified biomes and it was pretty cool! Unfortunately that Youtube account was shut down for some reason and that beautiful video seems to be gone.

Wasnt that those changed tree texture screens ?
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

HiFlyer

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2014, 12:49:34 am »

Yes, some very nice ones, and I think there may have been some ground work as well.
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2014, 03:31:38 am »

Know Cameny plans to make a tool to create and alter all layers for terrain building (from flora-distribution to biome terrain background colloring), later on, till then, just texture-swapping goes. Those are in antenworld textures folder, so you can use gimp with the DDS plugin to play around with them ... (better make an backup of it). ... not sure how to modify the layer-data at this stage, but ME-DEM guys should be helpfull with that - try checking out their forum.
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

pico

• http://
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2014, 04:44:34 pm »

If you mean this (I have uploaded it again into a new Channel) But there is only a little Tree Mod and a higher Sealevel in it .
« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 04:50:58 pm by pico »