Outerra Engine > FAQ

API almost ready?

(1/3) > >>

Hoodie:
Hello, so is the API almost ready to release this as a public engine? I'm making a game and want to use the Outerra engine for it(if possible) and we haven;t started development due to we not having a good phys engine and graphics engine and stuff like that. Then when browsing I found you guys and wanted to use this engine only to find out Its not released yet. So if possible could you give me a estimate of time before it will be released?!?

thanks,
     Drew

cameni:
Nope, it's still a long way off until the engine can be used by third party developers directly. Lots of engine features, tools and documentation are still missing.
Right now it only works with our direct participation and mostly for some special (simulation) projects, that can cope with its alpha state and where it's easier to add features they need, since they usually do not need a full blown game engine.

Hoodie:
Do you have a estimate of time before it will be done? usable by thirdparty

mradfo21:
Yeah being able to license Outerra is an exciting possibility. I'm currently developing with Unity, which is great. Their coding workflow and animation tools are stellar. Unity however is really not meant to scale to this level of size. I'd certainly be very interested in translating my game over to Outerra.

zzz:

--- Quote from: cameni on August 12, 2014, 09:29:53 am ---Right now it only works with our direct participation and mostly for some special (simulation) projects.

--- End quote ---

Out of interest, how much do you charge for that?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version