Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: 3 views  (Read 11331 times)

bomber

« on: August 12, 2014, 09:41:01 am »

If anyone is interested in 3d modelling we have a few 3views on the odd plane or two.

http://atallguy.com/Simple-Multi-View-Plans/
"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
Re: 3 views
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2014, 09:54:46 am »

That is a cool plane.
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2014, 10:38:58 am »

Thanks - great help for modeling !
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

CaptTrego

• Target 4 Today!
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2014, 09:36:50 am »

Or, our other gallery of plans and docs under construction here:   http://atallguy.com/mekgp.com/_flying-objects-gallery_/index.php
"Will it ever fly...??"

<CaptTrego!>

Revolver

• Adlerhorst-Hangar Design Group ©
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2014, 11:41:47 am »

Or, our other gallery of plans and docs under construction here:   http://atallguy.com/mekgp.com/_flying-objects-gallery_/index.php

May I ask who has built this B#*&$§t-109 and what is for Games? :o
"Es gibt nur eine Sünde, die gegen die ganze Menschheit mit allen ihren Geschlechtern begangen
werden kann, und dies ist die Verfälschung der Geschichte."(F.Hebbel)

CaptTrego

• Target 4 Today!
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2014, 12:08:30 pm »

Hello AH-DG... you mean this B#*&$$t-109??   http://atallguy.com/mekgp.com/_flying-objects-gallery_/thumbnails.php?album=97

I think the model was created by Gerry "Mossie" Mos.   FM was worked over by Simon "Bomber".     That model was tested/used I think only with the FlightGear sim engine.    8)
"Will it ever fly...??"

<CaptTrego!>

bomber

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2014, 12:58:20 pm »

Not sure about that, I think it's just a bit of legacy images, it might have gone with a forum conversation or something and in the web site rebuild got bubbled up into the library of data we have...

I'll stand corrected by mossie if he did the 3d, but I can't remember doing any flight modelling..... I do hope it's not alzheimer's setting in.

So it could well be this chaps 3d or 2d.... it is afterall only a screen shot.
"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell

Revolver

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2014, 01:40:08 pm »

Hello AH-DG... you mean this B#*&$$t-109??   http://atallguy.com/mekgp.com/_flying-objects-gallery_/thumbnails.php?album=97

I think the model was created by Gerry "Mossie" Mos.   FM was worked over by Simon "Bomber".     That model was tested/used I think only with the FlightGear sim engine.    8)

Hello, mekgp.

First to thanks for answer. You excuse me please about mine bad in English, but I saw there a 109E-cockpit that with countless mistake was built. What I would like to say with it if you plan to get purely this 109E-model in the OT, then reworked please, nevertheless, with new Cockpit and outside model (meant 3d model).Thanks! :)

You excuse me, but my eyes already hurt, if I every time such a 3D-model of ours
German airplane gets to see. Indeed if they help need to build a correct Bf109 in 3D,
I can help you with it to make this correct. However, please no 109-imagination more.
Thinks please, besides, about my eyes. Thanks! :) ;)
"Es gibt nur eine Sünde, die gegen die ganze Menschheit mit allen ihren Geschlechtern begangen

bomber

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2014, 02:15:24 pm »

No worries AH-DG... I think we all agree that if somethings worth doing it's worth taking the time to do it  correct.. And far too many people don't do that..

I genuinely think those images are of Flightgears 109 and nothing more than just a means of putting them somewhere so as to include in a forum conversation.

And We'll take you up on the offer of help on the 109... the Spitfire MkII (battle of britain) needs a target or two ;)
« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 02:20:59 pm by bomber »

Mossie

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2014, 04:29:08 pm »

The original model 3D and 2D was done by Raffel, a German modeller.

I took his model, with his permission, and upgraded the model to improve its looks, by added and rebuilding a number of parts. The original was poly limited, so some parts got major rebuilds. The base plane was 16,000 polys, a lot less than I would build today. Now I would work around 50,000 polys for a small twin engine aircrraft, like the Westland Whirlwind, see attached image. This is not finished, but the basic bits are there.

From this model I created E1, E1B, E3, E4 and E7 versions.

Now I like anyone else welcomes constructive critique on my work in order to make it better and more accurate. So if you have suggestions then here is the place to make them.

I have an incomplete set of Bf109 engineering drawings, which were not used on this model, but could help to build a better one.

bomber

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2014, 04:39:34 pm »

So the bad news is I've alzhei............. damn it I've forgotten the word !

Mossie

« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2014, 04:50:18 pm »

Not a problem Bomber, it was some time ago.

bomber

« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2014, 04:57:10 pm »

what was ?........ you're not my son.

Revolver

« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2014, 08:12:49 pm »

Now, at the moment I deal 2-en German fighter Fw190A(-3).Das with the construction whole 3d-model bases itself only on original work drawings of the company  Focke-Wulf Flugzeubau, Bremen. Possibly 15 years ago I have started to collect original documents of the different German airplane manufacturer. At the moment I have about 300 GB of documents those of Messerschmitt, Focke-Wulf, Junkers, Heinkel etc., come.
These also are, besides, those who belong to the Bf109E-Series. That is v. E-1 to E-8.However, here I must say that one only must work on the original work drawings to use them then by the 3d-model construction.If they have, desire and patience, I am able the drawings you make available.We can clear further details by PM.  ;)

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2014, 01:25:43 am »

At the moment I have about 300 GB of documents those of Messerschmitt, Focke-Wulf, Junkers, Heinkel etc., come.

... you surely could build one of these in your garage whyte those documents too ! Are those photo-copyes of the original hand-made documentation ?
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

Pages: [1] 2