Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: STEM System  (Read 3761 times)

Jagerbomber

STEM System
« on: August 13, 2014, 10:38:53 pm »

I know a lot of you already know about it and that we've posted about it before, but I don't think we made a thread specifically for it.

They just put up a few more awesome videos.

Advanced gun mechanics (mainly mags)

Common interactions

Lightsaber demo
  ;D ;D ;D

Pre-orders have been up.  Shipping in October.
http://www.sixensestore.com/stemsystem-2.aspx
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
Re: STEM System
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2014, 01:40:10 am »

So movement is actually taken from positional trackers of those handles in space according to the oculus (to get rotation n stuff) ? Seems as a interesting thing and i like the gun handling. Would be interesting to see it on something like ARMA. Doe, it seems it has the evident problem of small space, but they could make a little tweak for that in open worlds. Just making the borders of the functionality space to trigger character movement in the right direction. Also, if height could be coupled whyte the function to crouch. But i would like to see those handles get a little lightweight - trying to fit the tech in some gloves would be nice. And if it could be precise enough to use some instrumentation (in cockpits, etc.), id like to see it hit OT too.
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

HiFlyer

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2014, 03:30:55 am »

Hmmmmmm........

I can already imagine the stories from people who hurt themselves by not having as much room as they thought and slamming their hands into walls, knocking over lamps, accidentally punching bystanders.......

It will be almost as much of a head-shaker as all the pictures their used to be of WiMotes embedded in television screens......  ;D
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

Jagerbomber

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2014, 01:53:49 pm »

No, the position is taken by the stand/base.

I like how they had the base appear in the their games.  They should have that appear in every game it's compatible with in the future at the touch of a button, even if it's just an overlay shown to the headset display and not part of the game, if that's even possible.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 01:57:37 pm by Jagerbomber »
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P