Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 20

Author Topic: Alaska scenery  (Read 172795 times)

HiFlyer

Re: Alaska scenery
« Reply #225 on: June 06, 2015, 03:19:05 pm »

Don't you have duplicated roads?

Let's say you reinstall an .otx over an scenery with modified roads. Are those replaced after the reinstall? Or are there two sets of roads?

No, there is only one set of roads (and cache file) loaded at the same time. When you install an .otx, the content replace the one already installed. The problem here is not the old roads, I tried to modify these to get something more close of the real airport (mostly replacing some asphalt surfaces by their dirt counterpart) but the select bug makes it impossible to adjust these once created, so you end up with bad merging between different surfaces, and I don't like it, navigating in my airports must be as smooth as possible :)

Perfectionist!  =D
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

Revolver

• Adlerhorst-Hangar Design Group ©
« Reply #226 on: June 09, 2015, 09:31:05 am »

Hello Acetone,

maybe you'll be interested and that someday you build the after.
Since giving a good useful site plan, that can be used...
http://www.hangar7.org.au/

BR. :)
"Es gibt nur eine Sünde, die gegen die ganze Menschheit mit allen ihren Geschlechtern begangen
werden kann, und dies ist die Verfälschung der Geschichte."(F.Hebbel)

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #227 on: June 10, 2015, 12:53:03 am »

Hello Acetone,

maybe you'll be interested and that someday you build the after.
Since giving a good useful site plan, that can be used...
http://www.hangar7.org.au/

BR. :)

Hey AH-DG !

Is the Eagle Farm Airfield a part of your project? It seems like the airport don't exist anymore.
Do you want the actual Hangar 7 or the full airport, because the second option will require precise informations (Lat/Long + width, length of each runway).

Revolver

• Adlerhorst-Hangar Design Group ©
« Reply #228 on: June 10, 2015, 03:52:42 am »

Hi Acetone,

it was only to info there. If interest have, can do so. As for me,
I currently do not plan anything, because I'm busy with SO.
But when time comes, then I want dear FW-Works Marienburg,
or our Wiesbaden-Erbenheim have.

But I must first gain a lot of info, I will have a detailed Flugplatz with all buildings etc.

"Es gibt nur eine Sünde, die gegen die ganze Menschheit mit allen ihren Geschlechtern begangen
werden kann, und dies ist die Verfälschung der Geschichte."(F.Hebbel)

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #229 on: July 01, 2015, 04:10:23 am »

Gentlemens, I really wanted you to be able to see Rudeboy's buildings live, because they are awesome, so here is a preview version :

Download (271 mb)

As you may note, the roads (taxiways and the airport main area) are completely broken because I can't update these ATM. So only install this version if you want to see Rudeboy work, but the airport by itself is pretty much impossible to use. I will post a full and fixed version when the road selection bug is fixed :)

You can check Rudeboy website here: http://rdesignx.weebly.com/. Please consider leaving a donation :)

Edit: Crap, seems like paypal is blocking payments to Ukrainia :(
« Last Edit: July 01, 2015, 04:23:19 am by Acetone »

aWac9

« Reply #230 on: July 01, 2015, 12:35:50 pm »

Acetone than good,,, they want to see outerra with night lights, lamps and interior of houses.

Note: As soon as I bought the external HD for backup I will send the theater to look and fix what you can.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2015, 12:44:38 pm by aWac9 »

HiFlyer

« Reply #231 on: July 01, 2015, 12:50:48 pm »

Acetone than good,,, they want to see outerra with night lights, lamps and interior of houses.

I think pretty much everyone is waiting to see that!
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #232 on: July 01, 2015, 01:20:03 pm »

Everyone... Except your framerate :D

HiFlyer

« Reply #233 on: July 01, 2015, 06:00:20 pm »

Everyone... Except your framerate :D

My framerate is fine. I do worry about Outerra lighting, though. If just the forerunner can cause such a hit, one wonders what the hundreds, or many thousands of lights of a city will do.  =|

Rudeboy1988

• outerra fanatic
« Reply #234 on: July 02, 2015, 03:40:04 am »

Gentlemens, I really wanted you to be able to see Rudeboy's buildings live, because they are awesome, so here is a preview

Crap, seems like paypal is blocking payments to Ukrainia :(
Thank You so much! :)
Oh... no... :( I just thought nobody likes my work. PayPal makes me mad... there are no other options. There are only WebMoney, but I do not think they are for other countries.

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #235 on: July 02, 2015, 03:42:41 am »

I do worry about Outerra lighting, though. If just the forerunner can cause such a hit, one wonders what the hundreds, or many thousands of lights of a city will do.  =|

Distant (city) lights aren't the same as area lights up close, that are actually lighting some objects and terrain. You can have thousands of light points with halo etc, but only tens of lights that are computed as sources for scene lighting. The latter are only used up to certain distance. From some distance the scattering effect of light takes over the light reflected from objects and terrain (take into account that only 4-8% of light is reflected from common materials) so it's not really an issue, assuming we will also raise the ambient light level in urban areas.

I'm more concerned about how to handle the transitions, and how to define the lights so that all kinds of necessary optimizations are possible without constraining the design process.

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #236 on: July 02, 2015, 03:49:56 am »

My framerate is fine. I do worry about Outerra lighting, though. If just the forerunner can cause such a hit, one wonders what the hundreds, or many thousands of lights of a city will do.  =|

Normally, buildings light should be made as emissive textures (that's the name, I think), like the one there was on the Outerra billboard. It has a really low impact on perfs, it's not even a real light, just a texture parameter. Most of the fligh sims handle lights this way, you can also add simple area lights which only illuminate an area and don't produce shadows.

If we start to add dynamic lights everywhere, yeah, Outerra's framerate will go down. But not a single engine in the world would handle that :)

Oh... no... :( I just thought nobody likes my work. PayPal makes me mad... there are no other options. There are only WebMoney, but I do not think they are for other countries.

I hope you'll find an alternative, your creations seriously deserve it :(

HiFlyer

« Reply #237 on: July 02, 2015, 10:12:12 pm »

I do worry about Outerra lighting, though. If just the forerunner can cause such a hit, one wonders what the hundreds, or many thousands of lights of a city will do.  =|

Distant (city) lights aren't the same as area lights up close, that are actually lighting some objects and terrain. You can have thousands of light points with halo etc, but only tens of lights that are computed as sources for scene lighting. The latter are only used up to certain distance. From some distance the scattering effect of light takes over the light reflected from objects and terrain (take into account that only 4-8% of light is reflected from common materials) so it's not really an issue, assuming we will also raise the ambient light level in urban areas.

I'm more concerned about how to handle the transitions, and how to define the lights so that all kinds of necessary optimizations are possible without constraining the design process.

Ok, I was hoping it was something like that. Otherwise I couldn't understand how X-Plane X had so many night lights.

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #238 on: August 26, 2015, 04:28:46 pm »

Finally managed to clean up Talkeetna airport. You can now see Rudeboy's buildings in all their glory :)

[Download basic version] v0.7 - 1mb

[Download full version] v0.7 - 432mb

KW71

• Outerra Developer
  • Love OT!
« Reply #239 on: August 26, 2015, 04:56:46 pm »

Cool!!! Thanks a lot, Acetone!!!   :)

If I install the Alaska_pack_0.7_full.otx, will it overwrite correctly all the previous stuff, or should I delete something before?
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 04:59:16 pm by KW71 »
"A man who is contented with what he has done, will never become famous for what he will do".
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 20