Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20

Author Topic: Alaska scenery  (Read 172790 times)

aWac9

Re: Alaska scenery
« Reply #270 on: December 18, 2015, 06:05:53 am »

Only those who try to recreate a small village realize the magnitude of Alaska, when it recreates a large area is all ... you have to have patience and even temper and do not know how you do it ..
Now I have much more careful,, I know the Cracken is under outerra and attack me at any time .. so I try not to abuse the broad highway and avoiding collision models
when the plane lands, you'll set that tends to the left,,, that is correct and is a credit to schedule flight dynamics (FDM) implemented (JSBSim). That was a breakthrough.
now we need the lights of the night just over vegetation with color depending on the meridians. It is a good order for PapaNoel.

thanks
« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 06:14:25 am by aWac9 »

jeffzig

« Reply #271 on: March 28, 2016, 05:26:53 pm »

Is this working with the latest Outerra update? (16.6601)
I haven't used the engine in years (I paid $15 for something in 2012) and I can get aircraft addons to work, I can place roads/runways, etc. but I can't figure out how to get this Alaska package to work. I renamed the .zip file to .otx and tried running that but nothing shows up in Talkeetna but a big river. I tried manually copying stuff, reinstall the game... just can't figure it out. Sorry about the noob question.

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #272 on: March 29, 2016, 04:40:20 am »

Is this working with the latest Outerra update? (16.6601)
I haven't used the engine in years (I paid $15 for something in 2012) and I can get aircraft addons to work, I can place roads/runways, etc. but I can't figure out how to get this Alaska package to work. I renamed the .zip file to .otx and tried running that but nothing shows up in Talkeetna but a big river. I tried manually copying stuff, reinstall the game... just can't figure it out. Sorry about the noob question.

Hello!

Here is the .otx for the latest version:

[Download full version] v0.9 - 461mb

Please note that old scenery only work in the original earth dataset (so earth, not earth 2 in the startup menu). You are probably seeing this big river because you are using the new dataset (earth 30m + rivers = earth2) and not the old one (earth 75m = earth). I'm not sure if it's bundeled with the new version, so you can still find it here: http://forum.outerra.com/index.php?topic=2396.0

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #273 on: April 07, 2016, 03:17:33 pm »

PAKT PATK will be back

(That time I won't place all the roads, you'll have to wait for OSM roads for the full scenery)
« Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 01:09:46 am by Acetone »

Rudeboy1988

• outerra fanatic
« Reply #274 on: April 07, 2016, 03:53:19 pm »

PATK :) Ketchikan very very far away... Good job! I`m waiting for Alaska for new Outerra.
I don`t finish PAWG at this time, cause I`m working on payware airports now. But when I find a time I`ll send you a models.
I want to upgrade my Talkeetna models (My skills grow up so fast :) ). If you wait a few days they will come)))

HiFlyer

« Reply #275 on: April 07, 2016, 04:49:26 pm »

PAKT will be back

(That time I won't place all the roads, you'll have to wait for OSM roads for the full scenery)

YAY!!!  :))
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

HiFlyer

« Reply #276 on: April 07, 2016, 05:05:22 pm »

But it occurs to me that it would be kind of a shame to have to hand-make all those roads yet again. Is it possible the devs might give you some OSM support for that?
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #277 on: April 08, 2016, 01:33:17 am »

PATK :) Ketchikan very very far away...
:facepalm: Indeed, but hey, PAKT and PATK, it's pretty close :D

Good job! I`m waiting for Alaska for new Outerra.
I don`t finish PAWG at this time, cause I`m working on payware airports now. But when I find a time I`ll send you a models.
I want to upgrade my Talkeetna models (My skills grow up so fast :) ). If you wait a few days they will come)))

In fact your models are the reason I'm remaking the airport. Figured out it would be stupid to let those take the dust. Happy to see your work is starting to pay, LEGE looks really good :)

(http://store.x-plane.org/LEGE--Girona-Costa-Brava-Airport_p_468.html for those using x-plane here).

But it occurs to me that it would be kind of a shame to have to hand-make all those roads yet again. Is it possible the devs might give you some OSM support for that?

Someone didn't read the 6pts text in my post  ::)
But yeah, I will only do the airport, the roads will wait for OSM, no need to spend hours and hours when there is a global solution coming at some point. The OT team will have some fun time again, they already tested the importer by the fire with the rivers, but I guess they still have a lot of work to do with the roads.

HiFlyer

« Reply #278 on: April 08, 2016, 01:46:11 am »

Hmmmmmmm........ I don't know what your monitor is set at, but on mine, ants could barely read that!  =D

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #279 on: April 08, 2016, 02:57:17 am »

Hmmmmmmm........ I don't know what your monitor is set at, but on mine, ants could barely read that!  =D

That was the idea, secret text :)

Rudeboy1988

• outerra fanatic
« Reply #280 on: April 08, 2016, 05:35:08 am »

Thanks!
Be in touch in few days.

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #281 on: April 26, 2016, 12:37:36 pm »

New dataset (earth2) version, Talkeetna airport only:
[Download full version] v2 - 97mb

Here is Talkeetna airport for earth2. I hope to be able to work on this area again later, but I will wait for OSM roads for that :)
I'm really with this version of the airport, way cleaner than the previous one.

This packages only includes the fantastic models made by Rudeboy, check his website here : http://rdesignx.weebly.com/.

HiFlyer

« Reply #282 on: April 26, 2016, 01:11:27 pm »

Nice!! Someplace nostalgic to compare with earth!

(I suggest though, that to avoid confusion, you might want to start a specific Earth2 Scenery thread and maybe rename this thread explicitly to mention that its for Earth1)

HiFlyer

« Reply #283 on: April 26, 2016, 04:57:29 pm »

Also, while wandering around ohhhh-ing and ahhh-ing, I bumped into some hidden anti-gravity experiments and thought you should know before the aliens come to check it out.  ;)

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #284 on: July 27, 2016, 02:59:04 am »

Some new shots of the progress made, featuring KW71's seasons tree textures:

« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 03:01:34 am by Acetone »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20