User mods, screenshots & videos > Scenery

Alaska scenery

<< < (2/59) > >>

Acetone:

--- Quote from: HiFlyer on August 19, 2014, 05:32:53 am ---That's some very nice and detailed work! It does point out the need for better tools in Outerra though, like maybe some flattening brushes, tree brushes, road merging tools, etc.

--- End quote ---

Yep. It's pretty hard to combine multiple roads layers (road on a field for example) and get a nice result. However, roads merge nicely if you understand the logic : you have to make the last section go directly inside of the other road vector. That way (if the terrain is flat), the two roads will be perfectly merged together. Last updated road always go under the other one by the way :)

Biggest problem ATM is transition between two close parallels roads vectors. There are conflict between them at transitionnal level, so you end up having huge "steps" wich doesn't look nice. You can tweak that by reducing borders and transitionnal for the two roads but it's a lot af work to do :(

Acetone:
v0.2 - 26mb [Download]

Talkeetna modfications

* Improved roads and additional buildings.
* Added a few missing locations at the east of the city.
* Added roads, buildings and fields on the west bank of Chulitna River
* Two dirt runways on the west bank of Chulitna River
* An easter egg
Please note that Planets's radio telescopes are now required too : http://forum.outerra.com/index.php?topic=2655.0

That's all for today :)

M7:
For me,  the installation went fine except i dont get professorx buildings to show, except one. The outerra building are fine though. I tried to copy professorx content  to C:\Program Files (x86)\Outerra\Anteworld\packages\m7c7  and to C:\Program Files (x86)\Outerra\Anteworld\packages

Looking at the pic, it looks like the path to the object is not correct with that way of installing.

Levi:
Awesome work! and so much patience considering the available tools!

Acetone:

--- Quote from: M7 on August 19, 2014, 09:43:07 am ---For me,  the installation went fine except i dont get professorx buildings to show, except one. The outerra building are fine though. I tried to copy professorx content to C:\Program Files (x86)\Outerra\Anteworld\packages\m7c7  and to C:\Program Files (x86)\Outerra\Anteworld\packages
--- End quote ---

In my install, ProfessorX buildings are located in Acetone/Outerra/packages/ProfessorX. If Outerra use an absolute path for these packages, it is possible they cannot be located if you put them in the installation directory (Program Files/Outerra) and not in the data directory (Your_name/Outerra) :)

--- Quote from: M7 on August 19, 2014, 09:43:07 am ---Looking at the pic, it looks like the path to the object is not correct with that way of installing.

--- End quote ---

It seems that none of the other packages (NewS, Morikubo, etc...) are found by the program. Have you tried to install them already?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version