Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 20

Author Topic: Alaska scenery  (Read 174884 times)

HiFlyer

Re: Alaska scenes
« Reply #45 on: August 30, 2014, 09:04:17 pm »

Hey Acetone, despite loading all the recommended objects, I continue to get errors about missing textures. Just curious if its possible to locate what package(s) is causing the errors.

Thanx!!

ERROR: Texture file "10_14_Metal_Grate_Crossing.dds" doesn't exists!
ERROR: Texture file "1_13_IMG_0156dds" doesn't exists!
ERROR: Texture file "7_23_GEI95A9.dds" doesn't exists!
ERROR: Texture file "6_plastic_windows_side_1_NMR.dds" doesn't exists!
ERROR: Texture file "18_4_IMG_0156.dds" doesn't exists!
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #46 on: August 31, 2014, 05:50:11 am »

Hey Acetone, despite loading all the recommended objects, I continue to get errors about missing textures. Just curious if its possible to locate what package(s) is causing the errors.

Thanx!!

ERROR: Texture file "10_14_Metal_Grate_Crossing.dds" doesn't exists!
ERROR: Texture file "1_13_IMG_0156dds" doesn't exists!
ERROR: Texture file "7_23_GEI95A9.dds" doesn't exists!
ERROR: Texture file "6_plastic_windows_side_1_NMR.dds" doesn't exists!
ERROR: Texture file "18_4_IMG_0156.dds" doesn't exists!

Yep, completely forgot to talk about these ones  :(
They are from one of the proffessorX package models, probably one of the fast-food buildings. If there is a good alternative in the future (World2Xplane library port, maybe), I will stop using these models, they have some native placement problems and texture issues.
Better than nothing, at least :)

HiFlyer

« Reply #47 on: August 31, 2014, 10:23:18 am »

Yes they are!   ;D

I was more worried about Outerra getting a slowdown from repeatedly looking for missing textures. I know things like that can happen in other programs, but not sure about Outerra.
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #48 on: August 31, 2014, 11:34:02 am »

Yes they are!   ;D

I was more worried about Outerra getting a slowdown from repeatedly looking for missing textures. I know things like that can happen in other programs, but not sure about Outerra.

Outerra only display these error when the model is loaded, so I think it won't be a problem here  :)

The sole blocking bug I have managed to create is to make a very long road (hundreds of nodes and kilometers), and trying to do small ajustements on it (elevation of a single node), wich makes the engine crash sometimes. It's kind of random.

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #49 on: September 04, 2014, 03:57:06 pm »

Since some simmers where worried about the lack of  "real areas" on Outerra, I have created a specific thread on the brand new Outerra unofficial AVSIM forum. Thread can be found here : http://forum.avsim.net/topic/450850-scenes-for-outerra/. I will mostly use it for updates notifications or to respond to the AVSIM members questions, if necessary.

HiFlyer

« Reply #50 on: September 04, 2014, 04:24:22 pm »

Wish we could find whats causing the errors though, and get rid of whatever's causing it.

Anyway, a very quick vid of the area. The ride was butter smooth while actually flying, but I'm having trouble with stutters appearing afterward in the recording.

« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 07:06:18 pm by HiFlyer »

sniperwolfpk5

« Reply #51 on: September 04, 2014, 11:39:49 pm »

Wish we could find whats causing the errors though, and get rid of whatever's causing it.

Anyway, a very quick vid of the area. The ride was butter smooth while actually flying, but I'm having trouble with stutters appearing afterward in the recording.

wow that is amazing. what a beautiful scenery. Yes the video stutters.

HiFlyer

« Reply #52 on: September 05, 2014, 05:34:59 am »

Anyone else seeing this error?

ERROR: Cannot find geometry "SketchUp" in package "G:/Outerra/Terrain/packages/adriaan/t-47/t-47.pkg"!
ERROR: Cannot find geometry "House" in package "G:/Outerra/Terrain/packages/m7c7/House/House.pkg"!

HiFlyer

« Reply #53 on: September 06, 2014, 11:24:50 pm »

Guess not! Anyway, the main culprit seems to be the Chicke'n drive in. Once that building is deleted, all errors but one disappear.

sniperwolfpk5

« Reply #54 on: September 06, 2014, 11:46:15 pm »

Plz add some more videos of that scenery. It looks so much real. HiFlyer your last video was incredible.

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #55 on: September 15, 2014, 03:19:34 pm »

Soooo, I'm back at work. Kind of.  ;D
Sometimes, Outerra do weird things with object placement, and I thought sharing this one would be cool. I was working on Talkeetna, remplacing an old model with one of the new World2Xplane when things... well, screenshots explains it better:

Building for scale

It looks cool

Shadow of the colossus, 4km above the ground

What happened is that for some reason, the road vector used to level the terrainunder the building have been placed a bit more higher than the ground...
I'm uploading a video of a brave mercenary jumping off the cliff right now (not on youtube, if anyone want to make it, feel free) but I thought some of you would like to test it, so here is a link to the cache data ;)

Have fun!

Edit: The video can be found here
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 04:10:57 pm by Acetone »

HiFlyer

« Reply #56 on: September 15, 2014, 04:48:57 pm »

The crystals at the base of the structure clearly identify it as a Kryptonian Artifact.  ;)

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #57 on: September 16, 2014, 01:32:47 am »

The pillar of Alasca ... like how he flaps his legs in the winds ... :D

... doe, i like the free fall. Maybe a Parachute-jumping mod would be good ... we need some parachute simulator !  ;)

« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 01:41:15 am by PytonPago »
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #58 on: September 17, 2014, 04:04:31 am »

[Download] v0.3 - 4mb

Changelog:
Talkeetna modfications
  • *Increased buildings density and placement in center Talkeetna
  • *A lot of roads corrections and buildings
  • *Added the Talkeetna village strip
  • *Added additional roads, buildings and fields on the west bank
  • *Basic road layout of the south-east zone

Other
  • * Updated campos

New buildings requirements in 0.3 :
ProfessorX package is no more required.

« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 06:04:51 am by Acetone »

sniperwolfpk5

« Reply #59 on: September 17, 2014, 05:44:39 am »

Acetone plz make a video of this area with newer changes and use different vehicles based on land and air vehicles. That would be awesome.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 20