Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 20

Author Topic: Alaska scenery  (Read 173369 times)

Acetone

• Youtube channel
Re: Alaska scenery
« Reply #150 on: January 18, 2015, 04:47:36 pm »

Here we go!

[Download] Alaska Scenery v0.6 - 4mb

Album

This one should be called "the KW71 update", because of his incredible contribution. Soon after the release of his Chapala lake mesh, he was kind enough to make a smaller version for scenery making purposes. Muchas gracias!

It's a great addition but it's far from an optimal solution for inland waters. You may see strange reflections and visible overlapping between some meshes. To keep the river at the same level, I had to carve river beds using fake original material roads. The result is sometimes weird, but I've tried to keep it the most natural possible.

To deal with the natural river slope, I had to create at some points artificial dams using roads to make transition between two mesh less visible.

It was a lot of work, especially because we had to do a lot of initial testing. I also had to delete and re-add all the World2Xplane GB buildings (wink wink Levi  =D). Please, be sure to update these ones too.

New in 0.6 :
/!\ Mandatory /!\ : KW71's water mesh : <http://forum.outerra.com/index.php?topic=3104.0>

Changelog :

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

v0.6

New
*Water. Everywhere.
*To fix water elevation problems at some specific locations, I've created few fictional roads wich are used to hide transition between some water meshes.

Fixed
*Improved few roads
*Updated World2Xplane GB buildings, please make sure to update that package (see changelog for download link)

Other
*I need a life

« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 03:53:08 am by Acetone »

Jagerbomber

« Reply #151 on: January 18, 2015, 05:29:06 pm »

Outerra is love.  Outerra is life.
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

Uriah

• Global Moderator
  • We do these things not because they are easy. -JFK
« Reply #152 on: January 18, 2015, 06:13:17 pm »

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #153 on: January 19, 2015, 03:44:12 am »

Outerra is love.  Outerra is life.

+ Outerra is late  =D

Amazing pictures! I'm impressed, I've never managed to take good pictures at dawn, river reflections were weird. What are your atmo settings?

Levi

• Outerra Mods Site!
« Reply #154 on: January 19, 2015, 03:48:08 am »

Great work Acetone, keep it up!

P.s. Very nice shots there Uriah509. ;)

Uriah

• Global Moderator
« Reply #155 on: January 19, 2015, 04:54:27 am »

I just turned the scattering and ground reflection way up, and everything else way down, basically. I've found that different settings are required for realistic sky at different times of day and at different altitudes. I could record my these settings at intervals in time and altitude, every hour and maybe every 5000 meters, and create a look-up table of optimal realistic environment settings, it might be a good reference for rendering videos, or maybe it could be plugged in to OT, to interpolate between the intervals based on the current time of day and altitude and automatically adjust the settings. Especially when going from sea level to a very high altitude, the desired settings are very, very different. Scattering is good at sea level, it makes all the atmospheric settings enhanced, but when viewed from space, Earth is shrouded in a uniform haze which is inpenetrable. Also, if you change the time of day in space you will notice the settings need to change slightly, although not as much as is needed to account for change in altitude.

Here is a screenshot with the environment settings I used, and a sunset time lapse video. (I preemptively apologize for the glitch-y audio and poor quality encoding, it is my first video attempt)  8)

Outerra Anteworld - Sunset Timelapse Over Talkeetna Alaska

Regards,
Uriah

Anvar

« Reply #156 on: January 19, 2015, 05:01:23 pm »

It's possible to upload update for another hosting?

M7

« Reply #157 on: January 19, 2015, 06:10:37 pm »

Uriah, these setting are so perfect for sundown, it's so beautifull!!!. I'm really curious to see some more setting  for middle of the day and at alt. It would be amazing if it was possible to program or script these setting.

Uriah

• Global Moderator
« Reply #158 on: January 26, 2015, 05:51:12 am »

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #159 on: February 03, 2015, 10:32:45 am »

« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 10:37:31 am by Acetone »

KW71

• Outerra Developer
  • Love OT!
« Reply #160 on: February 03, 2015, 01:59:40 pm »

Oooohhh! Feels so alive!
"A man who is contented with what he has done, will never become famous for what he will do".

Levi

• Outerra Mods Site!
« Reply #161 on: February 04, 2015, 05:00:19 am »

Oooohhh! Feels so alive!
+1
Very nice video Acetone!

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #162 on: February 04, 2015, 09:03:06 am »

Oooohhh! Feels so alive!
+1
Very nice video Acetone!

Thanks guys! I managed to get mostly acceptable framerate videos, so I've started to test some stuff. This one was mainly intented to be transformed into a gif for a future series of screenshots about the cloud on the Avsim screenshots forum.
BTW, if you have cool pictures you want to share, I can add these :)

I am uploading a new video, a short base flight around Talkeetna airport, it will be up in a few hours :)

Edit:

« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 03:35:18 am by Acetone »

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #163 on: February 16, 2015, 09:09:16 am »

Warning:

Seems like the latest Outerra update (0.8.4.5323) creates some problems with Talkeetna.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 09:28:52 am by Acetone »

HiFlyer

« Reply #164 on: February 16, 2015, 09:21:14 am »

Warning:

Seems like with the latest Outerra update (0.8.4.5323) creates some problems with Talkeetna.

I was wondering about that.......

Total crash for me, but when I read the update note, I was half expecting an issue, since I have been wondering about things like mipmaps on the buildings, and other possible problems that might have been contributing to my rhythmic pauses in the area.
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 20