Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: [Released] Schleicher ASK-13 (glider)  (Read 74814 times)

bomber

Re: [Released] Schleicher ASK-13 (glider)
« Reply #75 on: June 04, 2015, 02:47:01 pm »

Guys, I've been busy here there and everywhere, but wanted your opinion on this flight model update..

http://target4today.com/_posted_files_/ASK-13.Levi.otx
"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #76 on: June 04, 2015, 06:19:26 pm »

Didn't have a lot of time to test, but it seems like roll is way more slow than it was before, I guess it makes sense when you consider the size of the wings :)

KW71

• Outerra Developer
  • Love OT!
« Reply #77 on: June 04, 2015, 09:52:18 pm »

¿Have we identified the real pilots in OT forums? (I just know about ramyfly).

I really want to help, but all I can say is "it feels different". Real pilots, on the contrary, can give the accurate feedback you need to achieve the accurate flight models you pursue ( wich is great, by the way!    :)    )

As you say, "data is king": In my case I'm digging every where for accurate reliable photos, as in this case, you need accurate reliable opinions... I can only offer you ugly sketches.  :(
"A man who is contented with what he has done, will never become famous for what he will do".

HiFlyer

« Reply #78 on: June 04, 2015, 10:06:22 pm »

The flightsim community (and the real pilots within) are very very FSX centric at this time, and it can be hard for anything with less features to attract attention. Its a catch 22, since real pilots are needed to comment on the FDM's to help make them better, and the FDM's have to be very good to attract more real pilots............  =|
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

KW71

• Outerra Developer
  • Love OT!
« Reply #79 on: June 04, 2015, 10:20:18 pm »

"Outerra has so much incredible potential. I definitely think this is the future platform for flight sims. Nothing else can really compare".

Words from ramyfly... a real pilot. OT have many strengths even in this development state... We just need a few pilots who appreciate those strengths and give some feedback... they don't have to uninstall FSX to do it.
"A man who is contented with what he has done, will never become famous for what he will do".

bomber

« Reply #80 on: June 05, 2015, 06:51:04 am »

Cheers guys, I appreciate the difficulties we have as non pilots in testing the accuracy of flight models...

Yes the roll, pitch and yaw rate dampening has been adjusted after discovering the unit mistake I made.

I've also added ground effect,  increasing lift and reducing induced drag when within a wingspan of the ground.... This should give an increased floating feeling when at this height.
"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #81 on: June 05, 2015, 08:05:43 am »

¿Have we identified the real pilots in OT forums? (I just know about ramyfly).

Yep. Bomber, maybe you should PM ramyfly to ask him if he can test this version. I can't remember if he said he had already flown a glider, but he's a pilot for sure.

bongodriver

« Reply #82 on: June 05, 2015, 02:33:46 pm »

I'm a commercial pilot and flying instructor, I flew a K13 when I was about 16.

Just had a try, the rudder axis appears reversed, I have the same in the Cessna too, so it makes testing difficult when the reaction of an axis like yaw go against intuition.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 02:50:11 pm by bongodriver »

KW71

• Outerra Developer
  • Love OT!
« Reply #83 on: June 05, 2015, 02:54:04 pm »

"I'm a commercial pilot and flying instructor"

Albricias!!!   :D

bomber

« Reply #84 on: June 05, 2015, 03:16:50 pm »

I'm a commercial pilot and flying instructor, I flew a K13 when I was about 16.

Just had a try, the rudder axis appears reversed, I have the same in the Cessna too, so it makes testing difficult when the reaction of an axis like yaw go against intuition.

Check the j-stick controls and swap them around....

bongodriver

« Reply #85 on: June 05, 2015, 03:23:41 pm »

I guess I could, but then my rudder would be reversed for all the other aircraft.

bomber

« Reply #86 on: June 05, 2015, 03:47:56 pm »

Oh well they got here first I suppose.

HiFlyer

« Reply #87 on: June 05, 2015, 03:55:25 pm »

I guess I could, but then my rudder would be reversed for all the other aircraft.

Yup! Thats what made me a bit reluctant.
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

bongodriver

« Reply #88 on: June 05, 2015, 04:00:50 pm »

I reversed the controls to test the K13 anyway just so things felt natural for me.

My thoughts:

roll is very slow, much slower than I think it should be.
it has what seems to be a very nose down attitude for level flight but I must find a decent way to set up trim (assuming it works)
I could not spin it at all, even flick rolls were difficult, always seemed to go right despite rudder input.
I could not do a loop without going way into the yellow arc close to Vne, I recall the K13 was easy to loop.
Slip ball seems to give reversed sense indications.

HiFlyer

« Reply #89 on: June 05, 2015, 04:20:03 pm »

it has what seems to be a very nose down attitude for level flight but I must find a decent way to set up trim (assuming it works)

I've always thought that. if you remove your hand from the controls, rather than a smooth descent it tends to nose down and dive a bit. Trim never seems to work for me, but not being a pilot, I had no idea if this was accurate. I was hoping my friend Jcomm, who is an actual glider pilot would take a look, but not sure if he has, yet.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8