Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Fog bug/glitch/annoyance  (Read 5573 times)

pedropp222

• 255.82 hours played since August 17, 2014
Fog bug/glitch/annoyance
« on: August 24, 2014, 06:29:50 pm »

Hello everyone, i've been playing this for a while now and while fiddling with the fog settings i've found this bug. It's not really a huge thing but it can be annoying.

These were my settings:

The problem is when i go at ground level and look up you will see this in the sky:

If you didn't notice there are some strange blue squares all over the sky and the more i tried to remove it the worse it got.

Thanks for reading!

jskoker

Re: Fog bug/glitch/annoyance
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2014, 08:50:53 pm »

Those are the stars I believe.  I've noticed the problem too...

Levi

• Outerra Mods Site!
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2014, 02:36:33 am »

I've already reported this problem some time ago, and this is what Cameni said:

The stars were recently updated to make constellations recognizable, and apparently the brighter stars do not handle fog correctly now.

HiFlyer

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2015, 07:56:38 pm »

Just to add to this rather than starting a whole new topic, I've found while experimenting with the fog recently that buildings/objects don't seem to interact with the fog correctly, often showing through as if there's no fog at all.

Not sure if its a problem with the buildings, or something about how Outerra fog works.

Known issue?

Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2015, 12:31:35 pm »

Often, but not always? Fog calculation is done as a part of the lighting code, and it sometimes breaks after changes there.

HiFlyer

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2015, 12:46:40 pm »

Often, but not always? Fog calculation is done as a part of the lighting code, and it sometimes breaks after changes there.

Tonywobs and other buildings don't seem to work well with the fog at all. Outerra native buildings work when seen up close, but further away, don't seem to work either. In fact Tonywobs buildings, the textures start going a bit crazy when fog is active on my machine, and you start suddenly seeing the triangles they are constructed of.
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2015, 04:18:21 pm »

I don't use the fog often, but after testing, I have the problem too, and it gets even weirder when you are inside the fog.

Some JBLM buildings, from above. Fog scattering is around 50%

Inside the fog layer.

Same problem with a different set of buildings at Talkeetna. 100% scattering on fog.

Code: [Select]
DEBUG: GPU Vendor: ATI Technologies Inc.
DEBUG: GL Renderer: AMD Radeon (TM) R9 200 Series
DEBUG: GL Version: (450) 4.5.13416 Compatibility Profile Context 15.300.1025.0
DEBUG: OpenGL context defaults to: AMD, detected version: 450 build 13416

HiFlyer

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2015, 08:18:15 pm »

Also under a fog layer, ocean water becomes very visible square tiles that race ahead of you as you fly. KW71s water also doesn't do very well.