Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: RAF C Type Hangar (T4T Mod)  (Read 7757 times)

Mossie

RAF C Type Hangar (T4T Mod)
« on: August 30, 2014, 11:27:35 am »

First building is a series. This was a test import, to prove the work flow and see what other changes where needed.

Work Flow: AC3D 3D model - export Collada (1.4) - adjust texture path in DAE file - import in Outerra - adjust MLT file for glass, etc. Load textures. And done.

Mossie

Re: RAF C Type Hangar (T4T Mod)
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2014, 11:32:11 am »

Another image showing the detail inside.
The model is 50,000 polys and has three textures.

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2014, 11:34:02 am »

We just need a plethora of buildings. Keep em coming!
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

HiFlyer

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2014, 11:46:42 am »

Thanks for making this! The list of buildings continues to grow.........
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

baber

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2014, 05:16:09 pm »

Very nice !

M7

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2014, 10:50:40 pm »

Yep very nice model, with interior.

Mossie

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2014, 07:45:06 am »

Now I'd like to get the doors to open and close. I've seen the Ural truck with the opening doors and bonnet, but not seen any code for transition (sliding) of a door.

Any clues? Is it possible?

Levi

• Outerra Mods Site!
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2014, 08:55:37 am »

Now I'd like to get the doors to open and close. I've seen the Ural truck with the opening doors and bonnet, but not seen any code for transition (sliding) of a door.

Yes, it is possible, but the hangar will have to be a "vehicle" and not exactly a static object.

I made a quick example on how it could be done. The box is moving/sliding automatically, but it can be done by a key press...

Download

After installing it, look for the "vehicle" called 'box' :D

EDIT: Nice hangar you have there ;)

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2014, 08:59:51 am »

... there are two scripts, one for rotation and one for sliding along the axis -( in the ural script its the door windows ! )

Code: [Select]
  this.geom.move_joint_orig(this.dlw, {x:0,y:0,z:-this.d1.value});

this.geom.rotate_joint_orig(this.booL, this.d2.value, ax);

... see, that the moving one has just two definitions - witch bone and the axis (so how much it moves along the axis must be defined there, where at the rotation one are just ones and zeroes), where the rotating one has three - witch bone, how much and the axis. --- also - mind that those axes are of the meshes pivot point (origin), so you can set them at any angle you need for other models ...
« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 09:02:32 am by PytonPago »
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

M7

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2014, 10:35:31 am »

Does it have to be a vehicle to be able to use a script?

PytonPago

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2014, 11:13:22 am »

Until there is the "black box" Cameny plans, than yes - objects are just statics right now .... but thats probably, because you cant externally conduct that action before you go into the "vehicle mode" by entering it. They maybe could do a object mode doe. Some 6-10 entry keys like the vehicle have for opening stuff on buildings and props, but that will be probably best, when the broadening for controls comes out, with the mesh based script-entry for full-click cockpits. Then maybe from the 1.st person view, such object could be used with-out entering them like a vehicle and just pointing and clicking at the mesh in mind would execute the script.

... but i think it will have a javascript of the vehicle kind too, so there is no problem doing it like that for now - aside it taking place in the vehicle-spawn menu.
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

bomber

« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2014, 11:51:54 am »

Do buildings as 'vehicles' have automatic animation, like rotating radar dishes etc
"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell

PytonPago

« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2014, 02:43:19 pm »

Do buildings as 'vehicles' have automatic animation, like rotating radar dishes etc

... not sure for automatic rotations  ??? ... i would like a Mi-8 style ventilator too. ;D (well at least those in the BTR interior would be good to get spinning)

You have some plans to add some radar vehicles inside ?

bomber

« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2014, 05:04:11 pm »

So there's no building with automatic animation ?

Sorry, not trying to be obtuse.... I'm on holiday and I guess I'm just rambling...

Its juatv I'd have expected JavaScript to have a timer and as such be able to run a rotation animation off of it....

I could do this using JSBSim as a building.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 05:10:16 pm by bomber »
"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell

PytonPago

« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2014, 03:41:29 am »

So there's no building with automatic animation ?

Sorry, not trying to be obtuse.... I'm on holiday and I guess I'm just rambling...

Its juatv I'd have expected JavaScript to have a timer and as such be able to run a rotation animation off of it....

I could do this using JSBSim as a building.

... i know there vas a video of JSBSim show off applied on a vehicle - im pretty sure you could get it slapped on buildings too then ...