Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: An observation needing confirmation (framerate)  (Read 4519 times)

HiFlyer

An observation needing confirmation (framerate)
« on: September 14, 2014, 03:44:17 pm »

There seems to be a general problem of videos hitching in occasionally in Outerra, but that problem became much worse for me with the introduction of Acetones wonderful Talkeetna scenery. No matter what I tried, or what setting, there was a horrible hitch on any playback video, and even just sitting on the ground at the runway dragged down the framerate very noticeably, even with grass turned off completely.

I couldn't see why and tried repeatedly to catch a video of Talkeetna without hitching. (Hitching was only in the video, the flight itself was smooth)

Finally today I had an idea, and painstakingly began removing almost all of Acetones placed houses/shops and replacing them with Tonywobs transplanted World2Xplane models.

The result was that video hitching disappeared over that area, and a sudden jump of an additional 15 to 20fps in on the runway and in the general vicinity. In fact, passing over the town, my frames hit 100 for several seconds, where before I could only hold a steady 59/60 fps.

It would be nice if this could be confirmed by others.

Also, its a damn shame World2Xplane has no American architecture.  ;D

Anyway, I'm wondering if one or more of the current models is doing something horrible to Outerra.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 04:15:36 pm by HiFlyer »
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

Acetone

• Youtube channel
Re: An observation needing confirmation (framerate)
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2014, 03:54:07 pm »

Remember when we talked about these errors on one of the professorX buildings textures? Remove the package from your directory and do a test, maybe it's this specific model that affect your perfs during recording :)

HiFlyer

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2014, 04:09:07 pm »

That seems to have done it. Video stuttering all gone and higher frames in the entire area.  :)
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2014, 04:19:48 pm »

;D

Well, this package will no longer be necessary for the next update. I will miss the water tower  :-\

HiFlyer

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2014, 04:26:45 pm »

So will I.  :(

EDIT: Hmmmmm.... the water tower is still there. I don't think its from ProfessorX.

Anyway, just as you come in to land on the runway some stutter reappears. (only in video) will try to track that down, if possible, its very repeatable.

The town itself seems fine now after 5 additional video attempts.

EDIT: Finally have a stutter free tour of the area. Will post when its finished uploading.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 07:51:06 pm by HiFlyer »

M7

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2014, 08:03:13 pm »

I dont know but it seems to me that if it stutter only in video and  not in game while recording it, then it's just that the hard disk cannot keep up. Are you using vsync in half mode?

HiFlyer

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2014, 08:52:28 pm »

Its very smooth in-game. Its only on the video where there was stuttering. You see traces of it in a lot of Outerra videos, but I'm cautiously optimistic that I have it beaten on my machine.

Levi

• Outerra Mods Site!
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2014, 02:42:06 am »

There are 167 houses for the US. Would that help? :D

HiFlyer

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2014, 03:10:37 am »

There are 167 houses for the US. Would that help? :D

Yup!