Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15

Author Topic: Oculus Rift  (Read 172381 times)

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
Re: Oculus Rift
« Reply #105 on: October 08, 2015, 03:18:10 pm »

Thanks. Seems to be a crash in Oculus code when it tries to log something coming from ... network? Whoa. What are they doing there ...

Jerry

« Reply #106 on: October 08, 2015, 03:37:16 pm »

Do you think that the Steam VR could be the source..?

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #107 on: October 08, 2015, 03:49:31 pm »

I think it's a bug in Oculus SDK that sometimes manifests - I think I saw it before during testing, but it's not clear when it happens. Probably not worth investing much time into it given that there's a new Oculus SDK being integrated.

Jerry

« Reply #108 on: October 08, 2015, 03:59:25 pm »

ok then, I'll try runtime 0.5 for the time being..

Thanks Cameni
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 04:20:50 pm by Jerry »

janoz

« Reply #109 on: October 24, 2015, 11:31:06 am »

Hi!

Any update on progess on SDK 0.7? Kinda messy to have to up/down-grade back and forth depending on what I want to run...

Thx!

Jerry

« Reply #110 on: October 24, 2015, 11:51:31 am »

Yes please.. some updates on sdk 0.7 would be great. As I'm running P3D with Flightinside I gave up on messing around with sdk versions therefore I didn't fly in Outerra for quite some time and I kind of miss that:)

aWac9

« Reply #111 on: October 25, 2015, 06:06:57 am »

"Virtual Desktop is, to our knowledge, the first application to update the SDK 0.8 Oculus, making the leap from avoiding 0.6.0.1 and 0.7 directly.
The new version, you can download http://www.vrdesktop.net/ you can navigate and view photos by simply dragging 360 the Virtual Desktop window. This window loaded by default the contents of the My Pictures \ 360 Photos folder. It supports the following formats:
Panoramas (equirectangular)
Stereo Panoramas (side to side or up and down)
Cubemaps (union of 6 images or cubemaps DDS)
Cubemaps Stereo (junction 12 generated from OTOY for example)
Another novelty is that the settings editor lets you add sound or music to them. By the way, the author will abandon support for Windows 7 soon, now that Windows 10 works stably with the DK2 implemented and given the advantages from Windows 8 with its new capture API." (literal article)

news from: http://www.realovirtual.com/es/noticias/1990/virtual-desktop-actualizado-sdk-0-8
 http://www.realovirtual.com/es
« Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 05:03:32 pm by aWac9 »

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #112 on: November 01, 2015, 08:12:01 am »

So I tried to upgrade to 0.8 before continuing to work on the integration, had to do a bunch of changes from 0.7. After that, even what worked in 0.7 stopped in 0.8 :facepalm:

Sigh .. I'm soo looking forward to the day when Oculus folks stop with their discovery process and emit a stable SDK.

LeeP

« Reply #113 on: November 05, 2015, 06:15:19 am »

Cant wait! You guys are awesome, the work you guys are doing, its crazy !

Virtual Desktop is Cool no doubt, but it not even close to VR ! I know you didn't mean it for Outerra though. I've tried it, it is neat,
 but still don't get the full emersion like VR. I rarely play anything any more unless its in the Rift.

I cant wait until Blender and other software implement it as well, to be able to literally look around your object as if it were right
in front of you! Man I need to start learning how to use it before hand. lol 
« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 06:26:06 am by LeeP »

KelvinNZ

• A clock that doesn't work still works twice a day!
« Reply #114 on: November 13, 2015, 05:10:58 pm »

Ha, just found this, looks like VR is expanding laterally into other dev titles.
http://moculus.io/index.php
If a man who cannot count finds a four-leaf clover, is he lucky?

LeeP

« Reply #115 on: November 16, 2015, 03:20:34 am »

Blender has done this same very thing !!

Jerry

« Reply #116 on: November 17, 2015, 04:10:06 am »

Hey guys

So my system finally collapsed under heavy testing of different P3D addons and just before I'll  install new windows and maybe just  for pure need of flying I downgraded to  Oculus runtime 4.4 to enjoy little bit of Outerra..
It is probably the last program running on my handicapped system however I just realised (again) how extremely great it is.

I am a big fan of FS since it's 95 eddition, building real scale cockpits, spending thousants of pounds for this addictive hobby. However even the latest P3D with FTX addons does not provide such a great deal of immersion as OT but..
There are few immersion breakers I hated in OT right from it's early stages.

My bigest concern is the scale of the cockpits.. I have to mention that I only use Oculus since I got it and it seems that the scale is way off. The cockpits feel very tiny plus the wrong possition of the camera and extremely small yoke  in c172 very badly spoil otherwise great immersion.
Is there any trick to adjust those?
Also what happened to the "Rift reset" option?
I can't find it anywhere in the new controls list..

Keep up the great work;)
« Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 06:18:43 am by Jerry »

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #117 on: November 17, 2015, 03:01:04 pm »

I don't know about the cockpit size, people had different ideas about what it should be. In any case, since OT uses the metric system and real sizes of everything, and with Oculus the FOV is supposed to be accurate as well, then it means that the Cessna cockpit model is not the right size. It may be imprecise, but should not be "way off" (well, depend on how much that is :) ).

You can easily adjust the camera position in script. Rift reset should still be in the old config unported, mapped to the semicolon key.

Jerry

Cockpit scale
« Reply #118 on: November 17, 2015, 07:02:34 pm »

Thanks, I found the camera coordinates and the reset function too so that is sortet 8)
Regarding the scaling, I admit "way off" is little too harsh but it realy makes me feel like driving huge RC plane:)
I think the dimensions of OT models could  be correct but Oculus probably won't display appropriate depth or something.
There is an excelent solution of this build into Flyinside plugin for FSX and P3D. The author of this program came up with the way how to adjust scailng without actually changing FOV so user can sort of stretch or shring the model until it feels right.

Just a small trick I'm using when tuning this is to look down on the chair in VC and then lift the rift and see the size of the real chair.
You can try this in OT with the Mig where you can compare the avatar's body with your own and you have to see the diference..
Honestly I think this is a big spoiler ::)
« Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 07:30:56 pm by Jerry »

bongodriver

« Reply #119 on: December 20, 2015, 12:03:36 pm »

Any progress on the new Oculus runtime? it seems that every single Windows update, graphics driver update, change in weather, seem determined to break functionality of the older runtimes, I need my Anteworld VR fix.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15