Anteworld - Outerra Game > Tech demo, support, updates

Oculus Rift

<< < (2/44) > >>

2eyed:
Cameni, it is hard for me to discribe the nausea inducing effect in proper english, I wish you could understand my german.
I'm fine with moving forward and turning left or right with the mouse or tilting up and down with the mouse.
What I can't bear is when the ground turns into a inclined plane when moving at ground level.
When my head is straight but the ground I see is sloping (where there is no slope at all) mostly sideways, it feels very disturbing.
It was not there in previous version and resetting the rift orientation seems not to fix it.
Why it occurs is beyond me. In monitor stereo mode it is ok.

huizhocka:
I have a constant 75 FPS showing on the menu screen, even turned shadows/AA and AO on, which shouldn't be a problem for 780ti. The judder still appears when moving the view/headset to look around. :o - Any suggestions ? 

cameni:
From what I've read, there are many possible causes. Does it make any difference if you make Rift primary monitor, or the sole monitor?
Do you have power connected to the rift camera? Some reports say the judder stops when camera is off or shielded, that it's a problem with positional prediction in Oculus SDK.

2eyed:

--- Quote from: 2eyed on September 17, 2014, 01:32:21 pm ---What I can't bear is when the ground turns into a inclined plane when moving at ground level.
When my head is straight but the ground I see is sloping (where there is no slope at all) mostly sideways, it feels very disturbing.

I am not sure it was understandable what I tried to say, so here are two screens to illustrate my point.
The house and the horizon tilts by only moving the mouse back and forth. No head movement was applied, just sitting straight. This is in normal mode. Is this normal? :D
--- End quote ---

cameni:
No that's not. You are saying it's the normal mode? Flight mode is ok?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version