Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15

Author Topic: Oculus Rift  (Read 172359 times)

deathevor

• User
    • Sk-Films
Re: Oculus Rift
« Reply #30 on: December 25, 2014, 09:17:05 pm »

Brilliant - FXAA solved the problem mostly.
Backgrounds are much smoother. I should ask this question earlier. :)

Still a bit of aliasing noticeable on game objects (aircrafts, vehicles), but game experience came back now.

By the way, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you guys.
Thanks for all your work.

VFx Artist/Supervisor, Private Pilot - www.sk-films.com

LeeP

« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2014, 04:23:35 am »

Outerra and DK2 man.... this is brain Candy !!!

bigpickle

« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2014, 10:41:56 am »

I'm struggling with sickness in Outerra big time. I played for about 5 mins and it just became too much and I had to go lay down. Not sure what it is thats causing it but it really prevents me from wanting to use Outerra and buy it.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

My specs

i7 4790k @4.0Ghz
Asus Z87 Sabertooth
16Gb Ram
MSI GTX980
Win7 64bit

2eyed

« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2014, 11:47:20 am »

Maybe you experienced world tilting as I did big time. This prevented me from further using DK2 with OT. It causes immediate sickness especially in fly mode and normal mode. First person cockpit mode should work better, because there is no tilting of horizon involved. Please look at my posts above. Don't know, if the next version will cure this.
Add to it low res of oculus display (and no AA in OT) and performance struggles, and you have a quite unpleasant thing.
Where OT really shines is, when you connect a hdmi1.4 stereo Monitor e.g. Asus VG278H. Fantastic!

bigpickle

« Reply #34 on: December 30, 2014, 12:06:13 pm »

Maybe you experienced world tilting as I did big time. This prevented me from further using DK2 with OT. It causes immediate sickness especially in fly mode and normal mode. First person cockpit mode should work better, because there is no tilting of horizon involved. Please look at my posts above. Don't know, if the next version will cure this.
Add to it low res of oculus display (and no AA in OT) and performance struggles, and you have a quite unpleasant thing.
Where OT really shines is, when you connect a hdmi1.4 stereo Monitor e.g. Asus VG278H. Fantastic!

I'm sorry I'm unsure on what your suggesting.

Varldsligist

• Long time x, first time y
« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2014, 06:45:33 pm »

I can only speak for myself but I have so far never experienced that phenomenon. Are you sure you're set up correctly? Have you recentered your vision aswell as centered the motion tracking camera in front of yourself? Also, do you experience this "tilting" in other games? On a side note I experience nausia sometimes, but it's most often due to sharp turns, loops and such. Manouvers which tbh would make me throw up irl.. realistic huh?

2eyed

« Reply #36 on: December 31, 2014, 06:26:44 am »

Tried many Oculus demos but tilting so far happens to me only in the game Alien Isolation and Outerra. I tried almost everything to get rid of it but nothing worked permanently. It's absolutely vomit evoking and happens mostly in normal mode (free flight with mouse control). It has presumably always to do with head movement. Please read my previous posts in this thread.

deathevor

• User
    • Sk-Films
« Reply #37 on: January 01, 2015, 03:16:36 pm »

Had sickness effects in first place as well, but really think it was due to low FPS (even it runs on Titan and Sixcore).
Lowering down graphics should solve it.
VFx Artist/Supervisor, Private Pilot - www.sk-films.com

LeeP

« Reply #38 on: January 02, 2015, 07:48:13 pm »

I have to agree with Varldsligist on what he said.

that thing makes you almost feel the G force, like a
fighter plane! Most people throw up and cant handle it!
Of course it isn't real G force, but visually it is! 

Look at the u-tube videos of people that paid money to do that.
In a real fighter plane,Most throw up! Your body is not suppose to do that.    LOL

HiFlyer

« Reply #39 on: January 02, 2015, 07:55:58 pm »

And thus it was that a new ailment was born. VR sickness.

Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

Jagerbomber

« Reply #40 on: January 02, 2015, 08:32:48 pm »

New?
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #41 on: January 02, 2015, 10:04:53 pm »

N.A.S (Nerve Attenuation Syndrome)

aka, The Black Shakes.
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

HiFlyer

Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

LeeP

« Reply #43 on: January 06, 2015, 04:37:38 am »

With Sony jumping in I think progress will be made rather quickly.

Especially when Microsoft finally drags in. But I really don't see them contributing in development.

I cant believe Nvidia hasn't got with the program yet !
 After all, we are on a computer.   

clawhammer

« Reply #44 on: February 02, 2015, 10:42:24 am »

It seems that the new headlights of the Tatra are not compensated for Stereo viewing. (yet :P) In the Rift they work quite disorientating.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15