Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15

Author Topic: Oculus Rift  (Read 172435 times)

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
Re: Oculus Rift
« Reply #60 on: April 01, 2015, 04:04:18 pm »

It's where you installed Outerra (by default c:\program files (x86)\outerra\anteworld), open the www folder and zip the lib subfolder under it. If you can mail it to support at outerra.com it would be great.

LeeP

« Reply #61 on: April 02, 2015, 06:20:34 am »

OK sent them, hoping I did it right.

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #62 on: April 02, 2015, 07:55:03 am »

Did you perchance have a Windows crash between the first time running the 5377 version and this time? Because some files are apparently reverted into older versions, but the exe is new.

LeeP

« Reply #63 on: April 03, 2015, 04:39:46 am »

Yes actually here recently my computer will not shut down or logout, it never stops, I have to turn the power off.
 It had to be restored to an earlier setting when it worked properly. But it still doesn't. I think its my mother board driver.  I have tried task manager, end process and process tree and services. Nothing works. I have Norton but it doesn't say anything. Non of this is cause of the game though, I know that.   
« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 04:42:14 am by LeeP »

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #64 on: April 03, 2015, 07:28:17 am »

Yes actually here recently my computer will not shut down or logout, it never stops, I have to turn the power off.
 It had to be restored to an earlier setting when it worked properly. But it still doesn't. I think its my mother board driver.  I have tried task manager, end process and process tree and services. Nothing works. I have Norton but it doesn't say anything. Non of this is cause of the game though, I know that.   

... that would need a clean system installation ...
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

LeeP

« Reply #65 on: April 03, 2015, 05:13:12 pm »

You mean reinstall the OS and every thing?

well I reinstalled my mother board drivers so all is working now.Even the Oterra seams to run smoother.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 07:43:08 pm by LeeP »

Uriah

• Global Moderator
  • We do these things not because they are easy. -JFK
« Reply #66 on: May 06, 2015, 01:08:55 am »

I'm having a problem with the Oculus in versions after 5244. I have an OR DK1, Version 1.4 Rev 1 (SDK 4.2), and when I reinstall Outerra back to version 5244 with the OR connected it runs in Rift mode fine, when as soon as the automatic update runs and OT restarts the Rift isn't detected. I initially thought something was wrong with my OR, but after reinstalling OT and noticing that it works with 5244 and not with later versions, I am not sure what the problem could be. Anyone else experiencing this issue?

Windows 7
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560M (NOT USING THE NEW GTA5 DRIVER)

Regards
Uriah

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #67 on: May 06, 2015, 07:04:36 am »

I think you need 0.4.4 Oculus runtime, since OT version 0.8.4.5175.

bongodriver

« Reply #68 on: May 06, 2015, 08:59:46 am »

Better get ready to work on some rift updates this year, Oculus just announced the release of the consumer version Q1 2016.

Uriah

• Global Moderator
  • We do these things not because they are easy. -JFK
« Reply #69 on: May 07, 2015, 05:51:32 pm »

I updated the OR runtime to 0.4.4 as well as the newest version 0.5.0.1, and I am getting the same results.

Also, I am getting an error with OT version 5377. Anyone else getting this error, Rift or not?

Regards,
Uriah

Code: [Select]
ERROR: failed to load plugins/tir-trackir-plugin.dll

« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 05:54:00 pm by Uriah »

joe2501

« Reply #70 on: May 11, 2015, 07:48:47 am »

I was wondering ,if anybody else experiences some judder when moving/looking with the DK2. I have a gtx 780 ti, and actually thought might be performance, but when i turned all the new settings off, like AO, AA incl. all shadows, i still get the same effect. - Is low persistence turned on automatically on startup with  the DK2 ?

After reading your posts and responses it seems I too am having this problem. Im running a i5-4590 @ 3.30GHz with a GTX 960. Windows 7 with SP1 and Platform Update. Oculus SDK 0.5.0.1. Aero is off. Scaling is off. I've tried drivers 347.88 and 350.12. Tried as primary on both screens. Tried vsync on and off. Rift set to 75hz, solid 75fps in game.

It was only after I turned the options back up I noticed that I could see the  "judder" more clearly in the detailed areas. I closed one eye and moved my head slowly and I could see the "judder" line moving left and right at a faster pace than my head movement. I don't think this is judder. It's more like a seam (or seams) of distortion in the image that moves with the head tracking. In game motion does not seem to trigger it. It seems to be most noticeable when looking left and right, making the seams vertical.

This being said, after a little flying around, I stopped noticing it. I could see it again when I looked but I believe it would be entirely possible to not notice this. After ~15 minutes of play I felt a bit more eye fatigue than normal so this might be a contributor.

LeeP

« Reply #71 on: May 14, 2015, 05:50:42 am »

Better get ready to work on some rift updates this year, Oculus just announced the release of the consumer version Q1 2016.

I cant wait to see how good it is ! I may have to look at Valve HTC as well, I like the moving around in the room bit. LOL

Oh, By the way, cameni are you guys going to have support for the other head sets as well??

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #72 on: May 14, 2015, 11:51:16 am »

are you guys going to have support for the other head sets as well??

Yes, but it also depends on whether we can get our hands on the hardware and SDK and there are no serious technological obstacles.

bugsblake

• jedi master
« Reply #73 on: June 08, 2015, 12:11:47 pm »

hi all! got my rift dk2 a few days ago now :) works fine on everything so far! dying light is ace! but here on outerra the screens are well out of place! I can see both screens in 1 eye and almost nothing in the other? how do I go about fixing that? thanks
Intel 6 core i7 Xeon - 4930k @3.40 GHz
GTX 770 4GB X2 in SLI
Asus P9X79 Extreme MOBO
Patriot 16GB DDR3 1600MHz
SSD 250GB + SATA 500GB + SATA 1TB

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #74 on: June 08, 2015, 02:08:11 pm »

Try deleting eng.cfg to reset the settings to defaults. I'm also not sure if it will work with the new Oculus runtime version, OT is still using 0.4.4 version.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15