Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15

Author Topic: Oculus Rift  (Read 172394 times)

Jerry

TDR detected
« Reply #90 on: September 22, 2015, 06:41:20 pm »

Hey guys..

I'm a big fan of this project, following for quite a long time, however it looks like last couple of updates "oculus runtime, NVIDIA drivers and Outerra engine" don't go together on my system any more..
I'm desperately trying to find some way to enjoy again the beauty of flight in one of Levi's amazing planes above breath taking scenery of Alaska. Unfortunately when the "earth" is loaded I always get the same error message (see attachment).
Do you guys have any experience with this or even an advice to solve this please?

My system:
i72600K@3600, 8gb ram, GTX780ti, NVIDIA 355.92, Win7HomePre, Oculus DK2 - runtime 0.6

« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 06:52:48 pm by Jerry »

Uriah

• Global Moderator
  • We do these things not because they are easy. -JFK
Re: Oculus Rift
« Reply #91 on: September 22, 2015, 06:59:02 pm »

Hi Jerry,

What version of the Oculus Rift Runtime are you running? I seem to only be able to run OR Runtime v 0.4.4 with Outerra. There is an internal version of OT working with 0.7.0, but it hasn't been released yet. Try installing 0.4.4.

Always make sure your NVIDIA and OpenGL drivers are up to date.

The TDR error you are experiencing could be related to a number of other issues. A good place to start is deleting end.cfg and world.cfg from your data directory (typically located at: C:\Users\YourName\Outerra\). Once you delete these files and run OT again, they will be re-generated. Sometimes when you update to a new version of OT, these config files get corrupted or are in some other way out of date. If that doesn't help, one you generate them again, open up eng.cfg in a text editor, and try setting img_cache_num_slices = 5 at the bottom (don't go any higher than 5, default is 2).

If none of that works, you can try deleting the default.cam file from the campos folder in your data directory. Not sure why this effects the NVIDIA timeout, but I've recently had luck with deleting this file in trouble shooting the same error for someone. You might want to backup a copy of default.cam before you delete it permanently.

Best of luck!

Regards,
Uriah

Jerry

« Reply #92 on: September 22, 2015, 07:11:09 pm »

Thanks Uriah
I'll give it a try and report back as soon as I can (which is about week from now as we are leaving in the morning to visit Czech Republic for extended weekend):)
Anyway thanks for your prompt and detail answer, I really appreciate that..
« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 07:32:56 pm by Jerry »

mLichy

« Reply #93 on: September 22, 2015, 07:19:00 pm »

I was able to run 0.6 just fine, with the very latest Nvidia drivers on Windows 10.  I tired using 0.7 this morning with other games/Steam VR, but that seems to be having issues.   So I'm rolling back to 0.6 for now..

Uriah

• Global Moderator
  • We do these things not because they are easy. -JFK
« Reply #94 on: September 22, 2015, 07:26:25 pm »

Good to know, I'll download 0.6 and give it a try, thanks!

EDIT: 0.6 is working great!

Regards,
Uriah
« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 09:05:55 pm by Uriah »

Jerry

« Reply #95 on: October 02, 2015, 08:26:28 am »

Hi Jerry,

What version of the Oculus Rift Runtime are you running? I seem to only be able to run OR Runtime v 0.4.4 with Outerra. There is an internal version of OT working with 0.7.0, but it hasn't been released yet. Try installing 0.4.4.

Always make sure your NVIDIA and OpenGL drivers are up to date.

The TDR error you are experiencing could be related to a number of other issues. A good place to start is deleting end.cfg and world.cfg from your data directory (typically located at: C:\Users\YourName\Outerra\). Once you delete these files and run OT again, they will be re-generated. Sometimes when you update to a new version of OT, these config files get corrupted or are in some other way out of date. If that doesn't help, one you generate them again, open up eng.cfg in a text editor, and try setting img_cache_num_slices = 5 at the bottom (don't go any higher than 5, default is 2).

If none of that works, you can try deleting the default.cam file from the campos folder in your data directory. Not sure why this effects the NVIDIA timeout, but I've recently had luck with deleting this file in trouble shooting the same error for someone. You might want to backup a copy of default.cam before you delete it permanently.

Best of luck!

Regards,
Uriah

Hey guys
I'm back from my journey and tested Outerra again as Uriah adviced.
After trying all from the "list" finany deleting the default.cam file helped and I'm back in the game again:))
Thanks man

davythedave

« Reply #96 on: October 02, 2015, 04:09:45 pm »

There is an internal version of OT working with 0.7.0, but it hasn't been released yet.

Any idea when it might be released?

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #97 on: October 03, 2015, 02:20:20 am »

We still need to get the UI working under 0.7, the code needs some reorganization for it.

Jerry

Frozen PC
« Reply #98 on: October 07, 2015, 08:48:32 am »

Hey guys
It seem that the problem with TDR error was resolved however my PC is now freezing  after about half an hour into the flight.
The report window is blank and nothing works but hard reset :(
Any ideas please?
« Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 08:55:44 am by Jerry »

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #99 on: October 07, 2015, 08:55:35 am »

So you are unable to send the report?
Also, are you using Google maps during the flight? They are known to leak memory.

Jerry

« Reply #100 on: October 08, 2015, 03:06:57 am »

I didn't actually checked whether the report file was created. Where is this file normaly located?
I'm not using maps during the flight. Also I recently instaled Steam VR as it is needed for some reason to run non Steam DCS world 1.5 Beta. Don't know if that has something to do with the resources used by Outerra.
Thanks

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #101 on: October 08, 2015, 03:22:55 am »

Should be somewhere in C:\Users\...\AppData\Local\CrashRpt\UnsentCrashReports\

If you are able to click the "Send report" button, it gets sent to us.

Jerry

« Reply #102 on: October 08, 2015, 02:29:03 pm »

Thanks Cameni
I just got home, looked for the file and found whole folder in "unsent crash reports" which was created at ice age event when the entire system froze up:)
Do you need the whole folder? Also where should I send it to?

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #103 on: October 08, 2015, 02:36:47 pm »

Just the last one from current version, please send it to support @ outerra.com.

Jerry

« Reply #104 on: October 08, 2015, 02:58:32 pm »

Done
   Thanks
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15