Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15

Author Topic: Oculus Rift  (Read 172444 times)

2eyed

Re: Oculus Rift
« Reply #120 on: December 22, 2015, 03:34:25 am »

My bigest concern is the scale of the cockpits.. I have to mention that I only use Oculus since I got it and it seems that the scale is way off. The cockpits feel very tiny plus the wrong possition of the camera and extremely small yoke  in c172 very badly spoil otherwise great immersion.
Is there any trick to adjust those?

The "tiny scale" issue can be fixed with adjusting stereoscopic settings. Set Eye Separation full to the left (5cm). I also have Convergence full to the right (100).

Hope we soon get some updates regarding performance and better antialiasing, as the OT Rift experience need that badly.

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #121 on: December 22, 2015, 12:41:42 pm »

Any progress on the new Oculus runtime? it seems that every single Windows update, graphics driver update, change in weather, seem determined to break functionality of the older runtimes, I need my Anteworld VR fix.

I haven't been able to spend time on it recently due to other tasks, hopefully will get to it now.

caterhamandcheese

« Reply #122 on: January 21, 2016, 08:15:56 pm »

I am also hoping you guys could get anteworld compiled to use the latest oculus runtime as well. I feel the release of cv1 will generate alot of interest in your demo, as it is one of the best examples of what vr could be.

Your "world" you've created is so beautiful and amazing, you all should be super proud of the last few years of work, and I commend you!

Thanks !

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #123 on: January 24, 2016, 03:28:30 pm »

I managed to overcome the issues with 0.8 SDK, and got the rendering working with it again. There's now one extra (practically useless) image copy because of the changes in Oculus API, but we have to live with that for now.

I need to get the UI working in Oculus now, but that should not be a problem, so the upcoming build will most likely come with Oculus 0.8 support.

davythedave

« Reply #124 on: March 21, 2016, 02:20:03 pm »

Do you know if there's possibility of the 0.8 version running on the 1.3 cv1 release? I thought Oculus had said that everything from 0.8 forward would be supported.

2eyed

« Reply #125 on: April 07, 2016, 02:26:34 pm »

Rift 1.3 does not work with 16.661.

davythedave

« Reply #126 on: April 07, 2016, 03:23:44 pm »

That's disappointing, I spent by far my most DK2 time in Outerra. When/if support arrives for 1.3 I'm sure it will be really amazing. The engine is unbelievable to me, it's just so good in VR.
I ended up getting a Vive so I'm praying for openvr support one day

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #127 on: April 07, 2016, 04:08:21 pm »

I've got Oculus 1.3 support ready. However, there seems to be a problem - in roughly half of the runs the fps is low and it doesn't matter if I'm up in space or down in the grass. In that case it spends way too much time in OVR library.

pho3nix

« Reply #128 on: April 11, 2016, 06:35:44 am »

Hi, I bought the Outerra to have DK2 compatible application and it was really amaizing experience, but due to need to upgrade the OS system, frequently runtime changess, etc it become in-compatible with Oculus in my configuration, about a year ago. I understand that during brake of compatibility in 0.4, 0.5, 0.6, 0.7, 0.8 - too many changes ( need to develop endlessly ), but now since the production / final 1.3 SDK version arrives in march - you should definitelly implement the support for Oculus Dk2 / CV1 in Outerra ! In my opinion there is no such good flight simulator in the market like Outerra - giving the real "feel" of freedom, plus amazing and detailed graphics also never offered before so it was meant to be for VR ! Please update the app soon, thanks
« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 06:49:57 am by pho3nix »

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #129 on: April 14, 2016, 12:51:06 am »

Oculus SDK 1.3 is now in the latest patch 6655. Since we do not have a CV1, we weren't able to test it, but there seem to be problems even with DK2, as I described above.

pho3nix

« Reply #130 on: April 14, 2016, 06:13:04 am »

Cameni, you are amaizing ! Thank you, I can`t wait untill coming back from work to test with Dk2 to fly AH64 again :) ( also not have CV1 since not much difference, but many $ ) I modded mine DK2 with matte anti-glarre protection for Samsung Note 3 and there is much improvement of the SDE issue ).
Best regards

2eyed

« Reply #131 on: April 14, 2016, 10:23:18 am »

OT working here with Rift DK2 and 1.3. Performance with 480p terrain and less than 20m grass is acceptable at ground level (mainly 75fps, sometimes stuttering - 970, skylake). What bothers me most is IQ: antialiasing, jaggies and marching ants everywhere. Please kill them Cameni, it's so ugly! DSR on Nvidia does not work and FXAA is not really good. Any advices from you? Kind of temporal AA would certainly help, I think.

Although it's fun to look at a flying plane from outside at different angles and from below and above please avoid absolutely tilting of the whole scene(with mouse movement). Nausea!

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #132 on: April 14, 2016, 03:48:50 pm »

Temporal AA ..  seems to be popular recently, but somehow it doesn't sound right with VR for me.

Previously only FXAA worked, but now with the changed API it should be possible to use MSAA modes in the Rift as well. I guess we just need to implement a resolver for Oculus frame submission.

BGF

« Reply #133 on: April 15, 2016, 02:05:50 am »

I couldn't express my feelings about Outerra better than Pho3nix before.

In my opinion there is no such good flight simulator in the market like Outerra - giving the real "feel" of freedom, plus amazing and detailed graphics also never offered before so it was meant to be for VR !

Definitely the 'game' I spent most of my time in with the DK2, and probably will with the CV1 as soon as the stuttering will be fixed. Way to go guys!

2eyed

« Reply #134 on: April 15, 2016, 09:59:50 am »

I was indeed wrong. Had not ticked the fullscreen checkbox and therefore msaa didn't work.
With msaa x8, the textures and ground gain quite a bit clarity though edges of e. g. the Cessna are not so well smoothed.
Performance hit is also severe near ground level (heavy juddering).
Any recommendations for settings that preserves image quality and performance are highly welcome!

Edit: Found tree shadows  to be the major reason for eating up fps when near the ground.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 04:46:16 pm by 2eyed »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15