Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15

Author Topic: Oculus Rift  (Read 172377 times)

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
Re: Oculus Rift
« Reply #150 on: July 20, 2016, 03:29:01 pm »

Did you submit the crash report?

bongodriver

« Reply #151 on: July 20, 2016, 03:33:34 pm »

I don't get the option to, it just freezes.

grahamwell

« Reply #152 on: July 27, 2016, 08:41:14 am »

I'm using a CV1 with the latest version and I can run it.   I don't know if this is helpful, but the issue you describe isn't general to all.  If it's a consolation I'm finding the CV1 software support in general very flakey.  I wish I'd got a Vive :-(  (grass is always greener though).

davythedave

« Reply #153 on: August 27, 2016, 06:53:04 pm »

Has anyone been able to get this running through ReVive?

HiFlyer

« Reply #154 on: September 09, 2016, 11:36:25 pm »

Just got a rift and there are so many problems its hard to know where to start. Mouse cursor not showing up, menus not responding, Menus swerving all over the place when you turn your head.

It seems unusable. Is anyone having any luck?

Here is my log

https://www.dropbox.com/s/diuz99fxvbvydqb/eng.log?dl=0
« Last Edit: September 09, 2016, 11:43:53 pm by HiFlyer »
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

2eyed

« Reply #155 on: September 10, 2016, 03:57:38 am »

Hi flyer,
welcome to the rift!
Support for the rift in OT is really scrappy atm.
I'm also losing mouse cursor very often. For instance, at startup I have to push the cursor all the way to the right till on the left the "second" one appears, which is clickable.
For cameni, as he states, vr isn't top priority, so we have to wait and see.
Frame rates are also really bad compared to DK2.
If you are a HighFlyer go for FS2,  fly high, switch off clouds (ugly) and enjoy good frames. Cockpits are really good too here.

davythedave

« Reply #156 on: September 10, 2016, 08:45:05 am »

I don't know if it still applies but back when I had a DK2 turning off the cockpit lights etc made a massive difference to frame rate. I could get 75fps on a gtx760.

I'm still holding on to the hope that one day the Vive will be supported

HiFlyer

« Reply #157 on: September 10, 2016, 09:13:55 am »

Hi flyer,
welcome to the rift!
I'm also losing mouse cursor very often. For instance, at startup I have to push the cursor all the way to the right till on the left the "second" one appears, which is clickable.
If you are a HighFlyer go for FS2,  fly high, switch off clouds (ugly) and enjoy good frames. Cockpits are really good too here.

Yup, I've had FS 2 since it first came out. It's beautiful, loves vr, and is gathering quite a following. Which really made me curious to see what vr looked like in outerra as a comparison.

« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 10:44:14 am by HiFlyer »
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

2eyed

« Reply #158 on: September 10, 2016, 09:29:49 am »

OT's strength compared to FS/FSX: infinite "sharpness" (minus trees), when you go down from 2000ft to ground level. This makes the world much more believable for me.

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #159 on: September 10, 2016, 02:35:31 pm »

Menus swerving all over the place when you turn your head.

In OT the menus were always kind of a separate layer in which you moved by turning your head, not fixed to the world, or are you referring to something else?
For some people it may be confusing, but the menus were never designed for VR, and I'm still not sure how to handle them. I doubt we can easily make a universal solution that works in both scenarios.

Frame rates are probably only worse because of much larger resolutions, and because the default pixel quality was set to an unfortunate 1:1 pixel resolution in the screen center, which makes the render target even larger.

HiFlyer

« Reply #160 on: September 10, 2016, 03:08:23 pm »

Menus swerving all over the place when you turn your head.

In OT the menus were always kind of a separate layer in which you moved by turning your head, not fixed to the world, or are you referring to something else?
For some people it may be confusing, but the menus were never designed for VR, and I'm still not sure how to handle them. I doubt we can easily make a universal solution that works in both scenarios.

Frame rates are probably only worse because of much larger resolutions, and because the default pixel quality was set to an unfortunate 1:1 pixel resolution in the screen center, which makes the render target even larger.

Yes, I've never seen menus swerve around like that, and its actually a bit disorienting!

Beyond that, the mouse cursor refused to appear with any sort of predictability, and was surrounded sometimes by garbage pixels when it did appear. I was unable to make vehicle or any other choices using the keyboard except using the F-keys, and it all just kind of left me stuck: floundering around trying to figure out how to get anything working.

When outerra starts, oculus home also boots up, and on my monitor, Outerra only displayed a field of stars. In the oculus, visuals were garbled until I figured out how to make the menu appear by turning my head, but I suspect most people would simply assume the program had hung.

I hope you can get to this eventually.

gtrdrt

« Reply #161 on: September 18, 2016, 10:45:12 pm »

Hi - I have Oculus 1.3 installed and can run the latest Anteworld with it and my dk2. I'm also able to run dcs world and war thunder on the dk2 with Oculus 1.3.

Can these 3 apps run with an even later version of the Oculus runtime?

What is different about the 3 apps mentioned above that allows them to work with 1.3 and dk2?

Are there other apps that can do this? Thanks.

(Please move this post to a more appropriate or effective place if necessary.)
« Last Edit: September 18, 2016, 10:55:49 pm by gtrdrt »

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #162 on: September 19, 2016, 03:35:32 am »

What is different about the 3 apps mentioned above that allows them to work with 1.3 and dk2?

Compared to what? Other apps that didn't integrate the Oculus 1.3 SDK?
That should be the only difference. Also, Oculus is supposed to keep 1.x runtimes backwards compatible, so it should work with newer versions as well (besides they auto-update so you do not have much choice).

gtrdrt

« Reply #163 on: September 20, 2016, 03:36:38 am »

Compared to what? Other apps that didn't integrate the Oculus 1.3 SDK?
That should be the only difference. Also, Oculus is supposed to keep 1.x runtimes backwards compatible, so it should work with newer versions as well (besides they auto-update so you do not have much choice).
Sorry if I wasn't clear enough, but it looks like you've answered my question anyway. The question now becomes: Are there any other dk2 compatible apps other than the 3 I mentioned that have integrated 1.3?

As to oculus automatically upgrading, I'm not sure if that's happening for me. I currently have 1.3.3.0 installed. Is that the most recent upgrade available? I do keep getting a notification somewhere that says I need to upgrade, but I've been ignoring it.

Thanks for taking the time  :)

HiFlyer

« Reply #164 on: September 20, 2016, 05:57:34 am »

I do have outerra working now on my oculus. It's ok, but I do wish the pixel density setting option went a bit higher.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15