Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]

Author Topic: Oculus Rift  (Read 172364 times)

2eyed

Re: Oculus Rift
« Reply #210 on: May 05, 2019, 07:06:40 am »

There is a chance it will work with new builds of the engine since the devs got a Vive Pro last year and promised to make it SteamVR compatible. When the optimized versions will go public I don't know. Maybe cameni can shed some light on this.

colinmcr

« Reply #211 on: May 20, 2019, 11:27:25 am »

How do I turn off VR mode so I can run just on my monitor, I cant get the menu to open in VR

KW71

• Outerra Developer
  • Love OT!
« Reply #212 on: May 20, 2019, 01:38:48 pm »

How do I turn off VR mode so I can run just on my monitor, I cant get the menu to open in VR

in your data directory, open  your eng.cfg  file  and see this line is set to false:

use_hmd = false,
"A man who is contented with what he has done, will never become famous for what he will do".

skpsound

« Reply #213 on: March 10, 2020, 03:02:43 pm »

Any news on VR fixes? I'm on Oculus Rift S. Tried VR mode and if i turn my head around, the surround "view" loads with latency, to the head movement, Is there any fix.

Also it would be nice to see the game menu and proper touch controllers support under VR view, or i am missing something?

Thanks

DivineSense

• What is the Mind?
« Reply #214 on: August 04, 2021, 10:18:55 am »

Does Outerra work in VR with the HP Reverb G2 (WMR)? I can't seem to get it to work
Cognitive Scientist - VR Enthusiast - Immersion Junkie - UX Professional - Flight Sim Enthusiast - Amateur Musician - Amateur Actor - Semi-old Soul - Caffeine Addict - INFP

2eyed

« Reply #215 on: August 05, 2021, 09:40:36 am »

VR support was removed with 64bit version quite some time ago. Never heared cameni talking about it again. So don't  hold your breath ;)

DivineSense

• What is the Mind?
« Reply #216 on: August 05, 2021, 12:36:56 pm »

Oh noes! Outerra was my very first VR experience. Borrowed the DK1 from work, came home, fired up outerra and flew and flew and flew. When I finally removed the Oculus it was all dark around and I realized I was hungry, thirsty, had to go to the bathroom. It had been like 6 hours ;)

I hope Cameni reconsiders. A world simulation like this is perfect for VR, and frankly without it it's just not very interesting anymore to me sorry to say. I always really liked Cameni's wonderful engine. I haven't followed it for a while now and I wanted to fly around in VR in the cessna to check the developments and compare to MSFS world rendering. Couldn't find the VR button, jumped on here.

I feel a bit sad now...
Cognitive Scientist - VR Enthusiast - Immersion Junkie - UX Professional - Flight Sim Enthusiast - Amateur Musician - Amateur Actor - Semi-old Soul - Caffeine Addict - INFP
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]