Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Oculus Rift - Crescent Bay  (Read 5534 times)

Jagerbomber

Oculus Rift - Crescent Bay
« on: September 20, 2014, 01:31:57 pm »

New prototype already...

Crescent Bay
higher resolution, refresh rate, 360 degree tracking, LEDs on its back, and removable integrated audio.
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
Re: Oculus Rift - Crescent Bay
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2014, 02:05:06 pm »

Trying to stop the Totem kickstarter this is. The 360° tracking (which I think a camera onboard would do better) and the onboard audio knock two bullet points off. I'd honestly rather see USB host on the helmet so I could just add one of these

and power my headphones properly.
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

Jagerbomber

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2014, 02:38:34 pm »

Nah, this is where it's at...

"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

HiFlyer

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2014, 04:12:54 pm »

Oculus is old stuff. This is the future of VR!  ;D

« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 04:16:13 pm by HiFlyer »
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

Jagerbomber

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2014, 04:42:30 pm »

But that's pretty much what's inside DK2...

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2014, 03:17:18 am »

first the nords make an tank-implementation and now Russkye make their own !

;D  ;D

... doe, no LCDs, just pure reflex collimator/HUD tech. But is interesting what they do - they have a periscope for each eye, witch has a contrast filter and onto the goggles, they project HUD information and a projection of aircraft positions (taken from radar data and possibly from future integrated Air systems - objects in air from all air and ground based radars from kinda US battle network) ... its an interesting idea for an addition for the oculus feel, when sim/game helmet HUD elements get a kick in.
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.