Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: New and in need of help. World is purple!  (Read 15844 times)

torc

Re: New and in need of help. World is purple!
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2014, 08:02:01 am »

Hi,
I used DDU but i think there is some issue with the newest ATI drivers (at least for 6XXX series)

Anyway glad you're investigating the issue.
Waiting for some good news :)

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2014, 12:24:03 pm »

That's true - newest drivers have a problem, but I understood it that you could not revert to older drivers because of another issue.

KW71

• Outerra Developer
  • Love OT!
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2014, 12:58:08 pm »

I have seen those purples before, when you run out of vram:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/615805-the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/67256483

I know is a differente engine, but could be something related.

"A man who is contented with what he has done, will never become famous for what he will do".

torc

« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2014, 10:34:36 am »

sorry Cameni if i bother you..,but is there any news about this issue? it really makes outerra unplayable to me... thanks in advance

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2014, 11:25:37 am »

Everybody so far was able to resolve it by downgrading the Catalyst drivers to 14.4. We do not know what it is, but looks like a driver bug since it only affects ≤6000 series and 14.9 drivers.

rodeback

« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2014, 11:46:00 am »

I have the same problem and did use DDU before downloading and installing the latest catalyst driver 14.9. When I start anteworld Windows says that it is reverting to Win7 basic colors. The same happens btw. if I access this computer from my Ubuntu Computer with Teamviewer 9

smereka06

« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2016, 05:48:54 am »

« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 05:58:01 am by smereka06 »

HiFlyer

Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

smereka06

« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2016, 04:44:24 am »

yup, downloading older drivers worked, thanks :)

Giuseppe

« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2016, 03:43:27 am »

At first I thought it was my video card driver but I've installed the newest version and when that didn't work I found the "recommended" driver the site suggested and that still didn't work.  I've gone into settings to change AA to every setting including off.  I've changed resolution, shadows, and pretty much anything I was comfortable changing without a fix.  If you can't tell by the pictures, it almost seems like textures aren't loading right.  When I'm on the ground I have a circle around me of tiles that look correct but everything else is a purplish color with small square artifacts in the sky, possibly stars, maybe.  The circle follows me, so wherever I go the circle that surrounds me looks right but everything else isn't.  Trees look right, water looks right, just not the ground.  Has anyone else experienced this?  Also, I'm running on the demo and was wanting to purchase the alpha but not if I can't get this fixed.  Any help is appreciated.
I have today the same problem whit the same colours whit my Gtx 770 Asus 2 gb. Can help me?

HiFlyer

« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2016, 03:50:52 am »

The answer is already in this thread..... right above your post, in fact.  ;)
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro
Pages: 1 [2]