Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: New and in need of help. World is purple!  (Read 15839 times)

spiritgod

New and in need of help. World is purple!
« on: September 21, 2014, 12:53:56 pm »

At first I thought it was my video card driver but I've installed the newest version and when that didn't work I found the "recommended" driver the site suggested and that still didn't work.  I've gone into settings to change AA to every setting including off.  I've changed resolution, shadows, and pretty much anything I was comfortable changing without a fix.  If you can't tell by the pictures, it almost seems like textures aren't loading right.  When I'm on the ground I have a circle around me of tiles that look correct but everything else is a purplish color with small square artifacts in the sky, possibly stars, maybe.  The circle follows me, so wherever I go the circle that surrounds me looks right but everything else isn't.  Trees look right, water looks right, just not the ground.  Has anyone else experienced this?  Also, I'm running on the demo and was wanting to purchase the alpha but not if I can't get this fixed.  Any help is appreciated. 

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
Re: New and in need of help. World is purple!
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2014, 01:20:43 pm »

Interesting. Can you post your eng.log?

spiritgod

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2014, 01:34:54 pm »

Hopefully this works.  I had to compress the file using 7 zip to get it down in size.  If there's a better way to attach the file please let me know.

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2014, 01:54:07 pm »

What Catalyst version is that? Not one I recognize, I guess some kind of beta?

spiritgod

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2014, 02:09:03 pm »

It's the beta driver from the Guru website.  That was the first one I tried, but then downloaded the 13.12 driver.

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2014, 02:16:17 pm »

Beware that once you install a Catalyst beta, you need to uninstall it first, or even clean it with DDU or something such before installing an older version. For some reason the drivers often aren't rewritten by an older installer.
It's also desirable to clean it in order to reset any custom graphics settings that may be causing this behavior. To be sure, please install Catalyst 14.4 - that's the one we test with most of the time.

spiritgod

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2014, 04:26:17 pm »

Beware that once you install a Catalyst beta, you need to uninstall it first, or even clean it with DDU or something such before installing an older version. For some reason the drivers often aren't rewritten by an older installer.
It's also desirable to clean it in order to reset any custom graphics settings that may be causing this behavior. To be sure, please install Catalyst 14.4 - that's the one we test with most of the time.

Just got around to doing what you suggested and I believe it worked.  I still see the artifacts in the sky, the small squares that might be stars, and I still get the weird trees flying at my face when I'm flying overhead and the trees aren't anywhere near...sorry, forgot to speak of that, but everything else seems to be fine.  Thanks for all the help and now I feel comfortable purchasing the alpha.  Thanks again.

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2014, 05:09:14 pm »

Glad it helped. If you get the chance, please make a screen of those weird trees (F8 key). Square artifacts in place of stars are known bug, but I never heard about those flying trees.

spiritgod

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2014, 05:40:45 pm »

I ran into another issue, unless its just the way it is in the demo.  Finally tried getting into a vehicle for the first time and once in the vehicle I can't see anything other than a weird texture of blue.  The next picture is the tree in midair and the other shows the distance I'm off the ground.  Hopefully everything is viewable since I had to reduce one picture down so small.  I'll have to put two of the pictures in this response but the last one will have to go in another.

spiritgod

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2014, 05:41:13 pm »

The last picture

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2014, 05:51:44 pm »

There's definitely something wrong with your hw, or with some other program affecting the rendering. Incorrect transparency, flying trees, even the shadows are off. Are you running any GPU tweaking programs or fancy overlays? Or any special options changed in Catalyst control panel?

spiritgod

« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2014, 05:59:39 pm »

Not that I'm aware of.  I simply uninstalled and reinstalled the Catalyst you suggested.  What do you think could be the problem?  I know I might have something wrong with my RAM as I've gotten the blue screen a few times while running a good amount of programs at once, just haven't had a chance to test them out yet, but other than that I don't know.  I have one last thing to try before calling it quits for the day.  I have some software that has caused me nothing but problems in the past that I always forget runs in the background.  I'm going to try shutting that down and see what happens. 

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2014, 08:41:19 am »

Seems that this "purple world" problem is a bug with AMD 5000 and 6000 series with new Catalyst 14.9 drivers. For now please stay with Catalyst 14.4.

torc

« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2014, 12:16:24 pm »

Hello Cameni....i had the same trouble with the hd6850 ATI card and i don't revert to the previous drivers because i had a sort of graphic glitches (small unrendered squares in the terrain)
Is there any update about this?

Thanks in advance.

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2014, 05:18:12 pm »

Such small square bugs often happen when the new drivers aren't completely cleaned first before installing the older ones. Did you try to use DDU?

We haven't yet found what's causing it - other than on that combination of cards and drivers, terrain is simply missing the green color component completely :-\
Pages: [1] 2