Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: tropical landscape and jungles?  (Read 7303 times)

andrew2343

tropical landscape and jungles?
« on: October 05, 2014, 05:47:50 pm »

Hello, i was thinking of buying this game and im wondering if this game has tropical islands and jungles. if it doesent, are they planed? also deserts, are they in or are they planed? also, is the world in a 1 to 1 size, like is mount everest actually 8km high? also, can you just walk or can you only fly? i understand this is an alpha, but i really wanted those features to be in. so are those features in or planed? plus boats. i know there arent any boats atm, but are they planed? i really wanted to sail the oceans...

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
Re: tropical landscape and jungles?
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2014, 06:20:49 pm »

Hello, i was thinking of buying this game and im wondering if this game has tropical islands and jungles. if it doesent, are they planed? also deserts, are they in or are they planed? also, is the world in a 1 to 1 size, like is mount everest actually 8km high? also, can you just walk or can you only fly? i understand this is an alpha, but i really wanted those features to be in. so are those features in or planed? plus boats. i know there arent any boats atm, but are they planed? i really wanted to sail the oceans...

... no dynamic sand dunes ... but deserts in terms of terrain and texture overlay yes ... doe, vegetation in tropic places too, will be after some biome enhancements. All, hills should be as they are (+- few meters due to terrain data). As for boats, there are a few models, but only fan-made. Doe, if you find some nice model, importing it should go ...
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

fsxthai

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2014, 06:35:38 am »

There are boats and aircraft, and jungles are planned for sure.

andrew2343

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2014, 01:03:09 pm »

ho cool, thanks. just one more thing tough: can you freely turn your head while inside a vehicle cockpit? because thats an instasold. also, can you freely change the size of roads so you can make an international highway with one click? or do you have to like place pre designed smaller sections? this is not very important, but it would be a nice touch.

HiFlyer

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2014, 02:09:13 pm »

ho cool, thanks. just one more thing tough: can you freely turn your head while inside a vehicle cockpit? because thats an instasold. also, can you freely change the size of roads so you can make an international highway with one click? or do you have to like place pre designed smaller sections? this is not very important, but it would be a nice touch.

http://outerra.blogspot.com/2012/03/road-tool.html
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

andrew2343

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2014, 04:06:06 pm »

ho ok just one more thing tough: is the world really 1:1 sized? like, if a country takes x time to cross irl, will it take that same x time to cross in game, assuming i move at the same speed?

HiFlyer

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2014, 04:29:15 pm »

Can't think of any reason why it shouldn't!!
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

andrew2343

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2014, 04:48:31 pm »

yeah, but is there a source wich states its 1:1 size, like the devs? because thats why i wana buy it. also, lets say im in a random place and i see a random hill for example. can i find that random hill in that random place in outerra, since it uses sattelite data? sorry for the bunch of questions, but this game just seems like the game i always wanted, so it makes me very skeptical xD

HiFlyer

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2014, 04:55:04 pm »

yeah, but is there a source wich states its 1:1 size, like the devs? because thats why i wana buy it. also, lets say im in a random place and i see a random hill for example. can i find that random hill in that random place in outerra, since it uses sattelite data? sorry for the bunch of questions, but this game just seems like the game i always wanted, so it makes me very skeptical xD

Well there is an independent blog out there by a user who had the same type of question........ http://wordsilived.blogspot.com/2014/05/outerra-vs-real-world.html

andrew2343

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2014, 04:59:11 pm »

cool, thanks. i just checked the demo page and it answered all my remaining questions. this game is fucking sold. im soo getting it for christmas... thanks for the answers!