Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: How do I remove trees  (Read 4219 times)

AadilF1

How do I remove trees
« on: October 06, 2014, 12:48:06 pm »

Hi I am new to Outerra and its an amazing game and I just bought it the other day I have a few questions@:

I want to remove some trees in an area because I want to make a place like my hometown and there are trees where they are not supposed to be. How do I remove them?

Also on a side note where do i put vehicles that have .otx and also where do I put objects that I want to place in my town. Thank you!

Acetone

• Youtube channel
Re: How do I remove trees
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2014, 03:39:02 pm »

Hi I am new to Outerra and its an amazing game and I just bought it the other day I have a few questions@:

I want to remove some trees in an area because I want to make a place like my hometown and there are trees where they are not supposed to be. How do I remove them?

Also on a side note where do i put vehicles that have .otx and also where do I put objects that I want to place in my town. Thank you!

There is no real tree removal tool yet, but I use an "original material" road. You can also increase the transitional area value wich also removes trees (and smooth terrain) around a road node. You can also try to modify the tree distribution parameters in the athmospheric settings menu (the two last ones more specifically) to change tree distribution globaly.

.otx files are specific to Outerra, you can see them as an auto-installer. Click on the file and you will see a install dialog window appear :) If they are not using an otx files, objects folders generally needs to be placed in the package directory (in yourname/outerra/packages.

:)
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 03:41:04 pm by Acetone »

AadilF1

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2014, 04:49:05 pm »

Thanks very much mate you've been a great help. Also is it just me or are the vehicle physics really bad? Like sometimes my car is fast and other times it feels like the brakes are on.

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2014, 01:59:26 am »

Thanks very much mate you've been a great help. Also is it just me or are the vehicle physics really bad? Like sometimes my car is fast and other times it feels like the brakes are on.

Vehicules physics can be weird sometimes, but it's mostly a collision problem. I have never seen speed related problems. What car are you using ? Some of them have a manual gearbox, it may be the problem here.