Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Incorrect shading on models  (Read 3805 times)

pedropp222

• 255.82 hours played since August 17, 2014
Incorrect shading on models
« on: November 01, 2014, 06:39:42 pm »

Hello everyone.
I've been having this problem lately. When i'm just flying or driving far distances, the models become incorrectly shaded.

Instead of being like this:

When i come back they are like this:

This also happens when i spawn in space and come down. Sometimes the faces away from the sun get pitch black.

This shading problem also happens on trees, where some are correctly lit and next to them is a patch of dark trees, and is is sometimes triggered by doing the same thing (driving / flying for long distances).
(There is a photo of this in another thread of mine).

Changing the sun's position doesn't do anything. The only solution is to restart the game.

Levi

• Outerra Mods Site!
Re: Incorrect shading on models
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2014, 06:53:41 pm »

Try to reload cubemap (environmental reflections) using Alt+F8. It depends on where the camera is located. e.g. If you reload the cubemap in the forest, the reflections on objects will be darker, but if you do it when the camera is up in the sky, then the reflections will be brighter.

pedropp222

• 255.82 hours played since August 17, 2014
Re: Incorrect shading on models
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2014, 07:38:18 pm »

That shortcut is very interesting. If i go to space and i reload the cubemaps, the buildings will get very dark like the screenshot.
Basically that's the reason of the problem. I spawned in space and outerra would build the cubemaps there and that would happen.

But this still happens when i drive for a long time and without ever getting to space...