Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: The game I would like to play.  (Read 3947 times)

Tacklebait

The game I would like to play.
« on: December 28, 2013, 06:44:42 pm »

Well I was a little bored today so a decided to dream up a game that I would like to play.  It would of course use the large scale completed outerra engine.
Now bare with me, I tried to keep my thought somewhat organized.  So here is what came out.  Pardon the bad formatting and spelling.  If you can catch what type of a game i'm trying to envision please add some thoughts/ features!!

An exploration / survival / loot hording mmo.

The World

A large world (could use earth) or create a new world.

It would be divided up it into hexagons.
   - They would be a large size.
   - The size of Chernaurus from Arma 2 is an example (225km2).
   - Only you can set up a permanent base within this zone.

Players choose/purchase their zone.  This is where you will construct your home base.
User can choose PVP friendly and non PVP.  Different continents for each type.  Weapons will be restricted in non pvp zones.

Home Base

This is how you spend your hard earned resources.
Upgrading your base, expanding, making life and surviving easier.
Upgrading your vehicles.
Upgrading your transportation center.
It will be a safe zone because of the advanced defense systems you can build.  Anti Air/ Automated turrets.. ect..
Friends can be tagged as friendly.  Can limit access to certain buildings but allowed as friendly from defense systems.

Long Range Transportation Center.
This is where you deploy your Mobile Base Ship(see below).
Could upgrade a transportation centers that would give you larger range with each upgrade.
Say level 1 is 50km distance. Level 2 100km level 3 500km. ect ect. 

Transportation

Local Transport

4x4 Vehicles
By foot
Helicopters

Long distance - Zone to Zone

High speed Mobile Base Ship

Non Player Controlled.
Has navigation system build in.
Input Coordinates and it will take you to the destination.
Once it lands it sets up a temporary base in the new zone. 
It will provide you a mode of transportation.  A helicopter type aircraft with a quad in the belly.
http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/074/6/a/Avatar___RDA_Scorpion_Helicopt_by_Animaniacarts.jpg
Mobile base ship can be automated to return to home base if you are killed in action.
The base  will be your point to return to bring back resources/loot, resupply with fuel.  Your safe zone.

Short Distance - Zone to adjacent zones
Planes ect..

Other points. 

Hunting / farming for food. 
Mining and resource gathering. 
Trading of resources between other zones.
Unforgiving games if your Helicopter is blown up.  The parts can be salvaged by other players and you loose everything, unless it can be recovered by yourself or a friend.
Re pawn is always back at your home base.
There will be some form of enemy on the planet.  Biggest enemy/fear should be other players.
There can be random events you can set up your mobile base at to compete for resources.
Large instanced cities where people can meet and socialize (can be reached with your mobile base ship, these are safe zones.  It could be a large ship in orbit or city on the planet.