Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11

Author Topic: Welcome to the 'Ideas' forum  (Read 157673 times)

GHAO

• Thinking
Re: Welcome to the 'Ideas' forum
« Reply #135 on: February 20, 2013, 12:39:07 pm »

Would Outerra be a platform suitable for large multinational companies like Wolkswagen (for instance) to test their vehicles in a virtual state? If the physics was detailed enough, could they actually test individual components? And once they did/if they could, they then could release the test onto a public, still in-game, that can try the product and give feedback. The MNC would pay OT for the public feedback. Because what I see is making stuff in Outerra only requires time, and no money, whereas making an engine, or even a particle accelerator, in real-life costs a heck of a lot. Outerra could perhaps be a platform for this sort of thing. Will the physics be detailed enough?

skyguy757

« Reply #136 on: March 17, 2013, 06:11:08 am »

I was wondering about physics and how objects would interact in the Outerra world. For example a truck crashing into a tree, Would the truck take physical damage, would the tree splinter or fall? I know of a game y'all might have heard of called Rigs of Rods, it has some simple but amusing crash physics. Would we see any of this in Outerra or Anteworld?  :)

http://www.rigsofrods.com/content/

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #137 on: March 18, 2013, 04:00:00 am »

Damage modeling can be built on top of the engine in a variety of forms and degrees of realism. We've been even talking with the RoR guys back some time ago about the possibility to include bean physics into OT, but the technologies weren't ready for that. But I guess some time in the future some form of such physics will make it into OT.

Darren

Welcome to the 'Ideas' forum
« Reply #138 on: June 18, 2013, 04:32:49 pm »

Hello,

My ideas.

1) UFO invasion (you are the Alien) and cause terror and destruction on earth, in space ship and on foot. Whilst evading military,  etc.
2) Complete cities, town and roads for 'real driving' on real road. think GTA + Race 07 + TDU, but more sim-like.
3) Super hero - travel the world save people, have enemies thing super man etc etc
4) Ancient battles - with the titans

Improvements:

- trackir support
- jumping
- varied trees, plants and animal for each region
- more futuristic

UR67393

« Reply #139 on: August 13, 2013, 07:13:51 pm »

Hello I have a short and not ordinary question to the developers of OT: can You remake parts of "Flight Gear" flight simulator as basic flight simulator add-in for OT? In this case the remake will be faster and easier for OT developers, because "Flight Gear" flight simulator have open program codes, and open program codes of FG very need for many creators of addons which make own addons for flight simulator.  If JSBsim was integrated in to OT may be will better integrated parts of "Flight Gear" flight simulator into OT too? I think it good idea for all, isn`it? :)  We all will be enjoy of FG into OT.   What is opinion of OT`s developers? Thank You in advanced. Best Regards!
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 07:16:41 pm by UR67393 »

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #140 on: August 14, 2013, 04:49:56 am »

Two main problems:
  • there are large architectural differences, only some of the components could be integrated into OT, and they would have to be largely adapted to the new environment, in some cases it would be better to start from scratch
  • legal aspect: JSBSim has a permissible license (LGPL) that allows us to link with it, but FG generally doesn't

UR67393

« Reply #141 on: August 14, 2013, 06:44:34 pm »

Two main problems:
  • there are large architectural differences, only some of the components could be integrated into OT, and they would have to be largely adapted to the new environment, in some cases it would be better to start from scratch
  • legal aspect: JSBSim has a permissible license (LGPL) that allows us to link with it, but FG generally doesn't
I am understood, thank You. All the best!
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 02:36:41 pm by UR67393 »

UR67393

« Reply #142 on: September 21, 2013, 02:13:24 pm »

Previously read messages from FreeTrack users noticeably loads powerful PC. I do not know whether such information is reliable. As far as I know Free Track has not been updated for a long time(FT- live?). And optimized OT working with Free Track can significantly lose at FPS ...
There is another similar FW projects called FaceTrackNoIR (http://facetracknoir.sourceforge.net/information_links/download.htm) This device unknown to me in action. May be FaceTrackNoIR  will be yet by alternative after the necessary improvements? In generally Is it possible to adapt iFaceTrackNoIR for the OT that there is no loss in FPS? This is very important for OT, as You know(!). What is opinion of OT developers? Which Your answer?
Thank You.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 02:35:20 pm by UR67393 »

Evildropbear

« Reply #143 on: November 19, 2013, 12:59:14 pm »

I'm curious about the audio development in this engine?

Will it support reverb/echo/Sound Propagation?

Something like this: (skip to 2:14, although whole video is worth a watch)

Another example (skip to 1:38):

Would be really cool to hear when a plane flying behind a mountain, or a truck behind a large rock, or in a canyon.

« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 01:11:37 pm by Evildropbear »

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #144 on: November 19, 2013, 02:31:06 pm »

I like that effect. It may be a BIT strong but certainly better to start with then standard source sound.
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

JackDawson

• Bashing my head up against a stone.
    • The Epicureanist Youtube Channel
« Reply #145 on: November 19, 2013, 05:55:24 pm »

I completely forgot about this thread and project. I just got a notice in my email that people still exist here. LOL

Hope Outerra crew is doing well. Guess I'll have to peek in and see what updates there have been.
"Building an Empire with only 64K"

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #146 on: November 20, 2013, 01:33:15 am »

Hmm ... may be a little tricky to interact whyte imported (mainly buildings) objects ... maybe it could use collision meshes for sound wave reflection and refraction. Doe, a way to integrate our own mesh surfaces for this purpose (or just pick from a menu like the vehicle importer has for bones) had to be there too, as people may want to create special acoustic places ... and hillside acoustics may be a big problem too.???
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 01:39:16 am by PytonPago »
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

Evildropbear

« Reply #147 on: December 05, 2013, 07:18:18 am »

Have you guys visited reddit.com/r/simulate ? Awesome stuff gets posted there all the time, today I came across this:
http://www.cg.tuwien.ac.at/research/publications/2007/Habel_2007_RTT/
http://www.cg.tuwien.ac.at/research/publications/2009/Habel_09_PGT/

Its pretty old (2007), so maybe there are already better technique, but I have never seen anything like it in games (Crysis comes close I guess).

I'm not sure what the current plans for trees are (beyond 3d models), but I would like to see something similar.

That being said, I just came back from playing Assassins Creed Black Flag, and now eagerly await the next Ocean update so I can sail my pirate ship across the rough Seven Seas of Outerra  :D

But I also have a suggestion, or rather a tweak. The max grass render length is 50 in the menu, but my personal testing I find the optimum value 150. But every time I enter the menu it resets it to 50, can you change the max slider to 200 or something.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 07:49:10 am by Evildropbear »

Jagerbomber

« Reply #148 on: December 05, 2013, 05:14:58 pm »

Pretty sure that video was actually posted already.

Don't ask me to find it.  :P
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

UR67393

« Reply #149 on: January 04, 2014, 09:34:38 am »

Have you guys visited reddit.com/r/simulate ? Awesome stuff gets posted there all the time, today I came across this: ...
Thank you. This animation of vegetation is very necessary and important to simulate primarily the aero visual flights- VFR(and for instrumental too- IFR), for visually determine the speed and wind direction, as example. 
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 09:50:26 am by UR67393 »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11