Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]

Author Topic: Welcome to the 'Ideas' forum  (Read 149264 times)

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
Re: Welcome to the 'Ideas' forum
« Reply #150 on: January 04, 2014, 10:18:15 am »

Previously read messages from FreeTrack users noticeably loads powerful PC. I do not know whether such information is reliable. As far as I know Free Track has not been updated for a long time(FT- live?). And optimized OT working with Free Track can significantly lose at FPS ...
There is another similar FW projects called FaceTrackNoIR (http://facetracknoir.sourceforge.net/information_links/download.htm) This device unknown to me in action. May be FaceTrackNoIR  will be yet by alternative after the necessary improvements? In generally Is it possible to adapt iFaceTrackNoIR for the OT that there is no loss in FPS? This is very important for OT, as You know(!). What is opinion of OT developers? Which Your answer?
Thank You.

... hmm, just rememered - tried FaceTrackNoIR on sisters PC. Limiting is the FPS of the used camera, but yes, CPU does get some juice suck too, but didnt seem as much as feared ... biggest problem is still the tracking system - face recognition. If light on your face goes bad, or prog. doesnt like your facial structure (or simply, youre ugly as me :D ), it may do some unintentional movements or lags. Guess thats the biggest problem, no dark-room action whyte that baby spinning OT heads around, but - have seen a mention of that thing used in IR. Simply a IR filter at the camerra lense (or IR camerra) and light directed at you. Prog. uses face contours, so other than VIS wavelengths may be used too if optics set properly.

Have you guys visited reddit.com/r/simulate ? Awesome stuff gets posted there all the time, today I came across this: ...

... hey, there is the ME-DEM mentioned there ! :D
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 10:26:35 am by PytonPago »
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

UR67393

« Reply #151 on: January 04, 2014, 03:36:52 pm »

Previously read messages from FreeTrack users noticeably loads powerful PC. I do not know whether such information is reliable. As far as I know Free Track has not been updated for a long time(FT- live?). And optimized OT working with Free Track can significantly lose at FPS ...
There is another similar FW projects called FaceTrackNoIR (http://facetracknoir.sourceforge.net/information_links/download.htm) This device unknown to me in action. May be FaceTrackNoIR  will be yet by alternative after the necessary improvements? In generally Is it possible to adapt iFaceTrackNoIR for the OT that there is no loss in FPS? This is very important for OT, as You know(!). What is opinion of OT developers? Which Your answer?
Thank You.

... hmm, just rememered - tried FaceTrackNoIR on sisters PC. Limiting is the FPS of the used camera, but yes, CPU does get some juice suck too, but didnt seem as much as feared ... biggest problem is still the tracking system - face recognition. If light on your face goes bad, or prog. doesnt like your facial structure (or simply, youre ugly as me :D ), it may do some unintentional movements or lags. Guess thats the biggest problem, no dark-room action whyte that baby spinning OT heads around, but - have seen a mention of that thing used in IR. Simply a IR filter at the camerra lense (or IR camerra) and light directed at you. Prog. uses face contours, so other than VIS wavelengths may be used too if optics set properly.
Thank You very much. Perhaps in the future FaceTrackNoIR may also be useful for users of OT, FaceTrackNoIR still in development, for improvement...

Biggy30

« Reply #152 on: January 05, 2014, 01:19:59 pm »

I have and idea , and it's just simple for me but maybe to hard for Outerra team, I don't know, but I think there should be more graphical options in Anteworld...what about an "On foot view distance" option to get less lags for people who don't have a super PC I mean you don't have to display 10 or 20 wads around the player...no ?? Or procedural maps like in Red Dead Redemption or GTA 5 that loads in front of you and unloads behind you at a reasonable viewing distance as you advance.  And what about a "Texture Pack" option that could let you choose from 8 bit graphs to 32x32 textures or 128x128 textures like in Minecraft ?? Would be nice too for "old" PC. And another thing would be nice...but very difficult to achieve I think...a personal world editor...by that I mean choosing the size of the planet and auto generating any kinds of terrain...a bit like minecraft...but with more options like in Sim City Terrain Generator....

Let me know if all that would be possible in near future !!

Thanks and keep up the good work you Outerra Team !!

PytonPago

« Reply #153 on: January 05, 2014, 02:46:50 pm »

I have and idea , and it's just simple for me but maybe to hard for Outerra team, I don't know, but I think there should be more graphical options in Anteworld...what about an "On foot view distance" option to get less lags for people who don't have a super PC I mean you don't have to display 10 or 20 wads around the player...no ?? Or procedural maps like in Red Dead Redemption or GTA 5 that loads in front of you and unloads behind you at a reasonable viewing distance as you advance.  And what about a "Texture Pack" option that could let you choose from 8 bit graphs to 32x32 textures or 128x128 textures like in Minecraft ?? Would be nice too for "old" PC. And another thing would be nice...but very difficult to achieve I think...a personal world editor...by that I mean choosing the size of the planet and auto generating any kinds of terrain...a bit like minecraft...but with more options like in Sim City Terrain Generator....

Let me know if all that would be possible in near future !!

Thanks and keep up the good work you Outerra Team !!

... well, as an "next-gen" like engine, it will push hard to nowadays HW limits to be the tomorrows player ... i think some expansion in graphical options will come, but it will need the main parts of the engine be implemented to set those things right, still already it has a higher plate need in mind ... dont think it will become much more compliant to older machines than it is in these days ... my machine will certainly not live up the days of its finals i say ya. And i speculate in OT on it normally nowadays. Well, maybe ... just maybe. (Intel E7200 duo, 4GRam, GTX275)

On another hand - i know Minecraft is kind of a sensation of its crowd, still cant quite understand its HW needs at lowest option levels ... as it comes to the outcome look of the game itself. Generation of terrain is one thing, and i know it needs some juice, but graphical design (not talking about those fancy HL2-cliffside style water and stuff mods out there) seems a bit - strange. Just strange. Isnt really a nice thing to talk about when graph. options are minded there ... but yes, their developers said it would be so. Still strange.

World generator is one of the latest things to be done. Textures could have some lower res´s, doe other things will hardly go lower, witch maybe makes it a little obsolete. (you have to understand, that biomes arent done, some simple wildlife AI and weather added - that all will take some plus HW juice till its finished - not to mention added objects and driver support from companies for older models (in terms of fixes and newer soft-tech stuff usage/noncrash support) isnt what it used to be).

Also, cant some of the options by set manually in some config file (think it was discussed somewhere) ? That may help instantly ...
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

Biggy30

« Reply #154 on: January 05, 2014, 04:50:01 pm »

Well you're probably right...my computer will die before end of the project...if end will have...'cause imagination is infinite...but you know i'm the kind of guy that thinks about "THE PERFECT GAME EVER !!" , you know, kindda game that will suit all I ever wanted from a game...be able to be...FREE :o...and yesterday I saw that  (VIDEO IS LOOOOOONG BUT WORTH IT): and it kicks my wish to the limit !!!

Hope someday rich game businesses (UBIS**T or ... ::)) will take a project so big based on these engine (OT or SE) and make it run on a console (PS4 or XBOX ONE)....... :P

OK enough of all this dreamin !!  :-[

KEEP WORKING YOU GUYS AT OT !!!!   8) ;) :D
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 05:02:30 pm by Biggy30 »

PytonPago

« Reply #155 on: January 06, 2014, 12:35:57 am »

Dont know about a commercial BEST GAME EWER project (you know, that kind is against monetary and producer rules)...

... im betting on a strong fan and MOD base in that direction ...

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]