User mods, screenshots & videos > Scenery

[Released] Alps scenery

<< < (2/35) > >>

HiFlyer:
Hey, after seeing Your Talkeena stuff I gave up my own efforts, simply knowing that I'm not nearly patient enough to replicate that sort of thing with the current tools.

Now, when the streets finally auto merge, and there is a wide-scale flatten tool........

That will be a different story!!

Acetone:

And a comparison shot :

HiFlyer:
One of the things about traditional Flight sims, or other places that try to replicate the real world, is that there are really no databases complete enough to let you do such things automatically. It always comes down to painstaking modification by hand in the end, and no developer has the time or money to do that except in very limited areas.

I think that with Outerra, and the ease of placing objects, roads, paths and probably even waterways, eventually, it may finally come within reach that individuals can easily edit their own cities, towns and neighborhoods; alone or even better, cooperatively around the world. Imagine the possibilities.

If I were Google, I might even be keeping an eye out on Outerras progress. For a number of reasons.

In the meantime, I can barely wait to see OSM in Outerra.

Acetone:

--- Quote from: HiFlyer on November 03, 2014, 11:17:25 am ---One of the things about traditional Flight sims, or other places that try to replicate the real world, is that there are really no databases complete enough to let you do such things automatically. It always comes down to painstaking modification by hand in the end, and no developer has the time or money to do that except in very limited areas.

I think that with Outerra, and the ease of placing objects, roads, paths and probably even waterways, eventually, it may finally come within reach that individuals can easily edit their own cities, towns and neighborhoods; alone or even better, cooperatively around the world. Imagine the possibilities.

If I were Google, I might even be keeping an eye out on Outerras progress. For a number of reasons.

In the meantime, I can barely wait to see OSM in Outerra.

--- End quote ---

Yep, autogen may be nice to fill the space, but it generally flatten details. Handcrafting may be slow, but it's the only way to make places look unique.
(yet, I will be really happy if they find a way to import the OSM database at some point :) )

HiFlyer:
Yup. let the big, broad outlines be done automatically, then people can fill in the unique details.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version