Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12

Author Topic: [Released] Alps scenery  (Read 105333 times)

HiFlyer

Re: [WIP] LFNA-LFMX scenery
« Reply #60 on: March 14, 2015, 10:28:45 am »

Acetone runs off and spawns a massive water table.........
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #61 on: March 14, 2015, 02:16:43 pm »

Acetone runs off and spawns a massive water table.........

Nope, I was planning to start a sort of serious recon flight video with the mig at pitch down with upgraded landing lights (100x more power) wich will end up on me facing a giant mercenary head above the clouds  =D
Unfortunately, the LOD distance is the default model one, so when you spawn a really large model, it's not visible (since the default model distance is too far away. Ended up with a bunch of funny screenshots

(This one gives me a weird feeling)

KW71

• Outerra Developer
  • Love OT!
« Reply #62 on: March 14, 2015, 08:05:44 pm »

Acetone, does the camera position scale with the model? Can you walk on OT as a giant?
"A man who is contented with what he has done, will never become famous for what he will do".

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #63 on: March 15, 2015, 03:34:26 am »

Oh my ... well, it was to be expected i guess. :D :D
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #64 on: March 15, 2015, 04:23:21 am »

Acetone, does the camera position scale with the model? Can you walk on OT as a giant?

Camera is still attached at the same distance of the object, so if it's not too big, you can use the third person view, but first person is mostly impossible to use. Interresting part is that, even if these are a bit cluncky, vehicules physics works :)

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #65 on: March 16, 2015, 05:12:19 pm »

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #66 on: March 17, 2015, 12:29:54 pm »

I can't remember when, but someone wanted to see me how I work on the scenery. I just tried steam broadcast and it seems to work, so if anyone is interested, I can do a 1 hour session at some point.

KW71

• Outerra Developer
  • Love OT!
« Reply #67 on: March 17, 2015, 12:33:59 pm »

How about record it, with comments?
"A man who is contented with what he has done, will never become famous for what he will do".

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #68 on: March 17, 2015, 12:45:28 pm »

How about record it, with comments?

Nah, my English accent is crap, I'm more comfortable that way (+ no mic)  :D
I've got only one hard drive, so Outerra videos start to lag after a few minutes of recording, because of the size of the record file.

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #69 on: March 20, 2015, 06:43:06 am »

Got a few free hours so started a bit of streaming here:

http://steamcommunity.com/broadcast/watch/76561197998042896/
« Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 06:45:13 am by Acetone »

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #70 on: March 21, 2015, 07:12:00 am »

Few reference videos, if you want to see how the place look in the real world. As you may notice, outside some flora/geological differences, the only missing element is the fields patchwork (I hope to be able to do these in the future) :)

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #71 on: March 21, 2015, 11:52:37 am »

... hmm, a photo-montage of the same flight in OT, side by side would be interesting.
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #72 on: March 24, 2015, 09:06:21 am »

Shit... So in case you noticed it, yes, the crash that happened this morning was near this scenery location.

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #73 on: March 29, 2015, 06:18:56 am »

Time to work seriously on the biggest urban area I've ever made for Outerra. See you in hell, pals  8)

HiFlyer

« Reply #74 on: March 29, 2015, 07:17:32 am »

Tonywob has made some serious progress on his implementation of Osm and has pulled together several different datasets to provide coverage of several countries, complete with building placement.

Outerra could save a lot of time in their own use of OSM (if they still intend to do that) by incorporating his work into Outerra, especially as he seems very interested in working on the program. http://forums.x-pilot.com/topic/6388-xp-scenery-generator-wip/page-46

Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12