Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12

Author Topic: [Released] Alps scenery  (Read 105292 times)

Acetone

• Youtube channel
Re: [Released] Alps scenery
« Reply #135 on: May 06, 2015, 06:21:08 am »

First release: v1 - Direct download (86 mb)

The package includes objects created by Levi, KW71, newS and Planets :)

v1:
  • LFNA airfield (complete)
  • Tallard village (complete)
  • Several villages in the surroundings
  • Serre-Ponçon Lake (water mesh only appears at close distance of the location)
  • Early version of the city of Gap
  • Roads, roads everywhere ;)

I will be less active on this one for a moment, so I figured out it may be interesting to release this version. It's far from being finished, but there is already a fairly large area to visit :)

HiFlyer

« Reply #136 on: May 06, 2015, 06:36:18 am »

Cool! My eyes always get big when I think of all the fiddly work that must have gone into these sceneries. I 've said it before but i'll say it again: you must be one patient guy!

Thanks again for all you've done.  :)
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

KW71

• Outerra Developer
  • Love OT!
« Reply #137 on: May 06, 2015, 09:12:24 am »

Kudos, Acetone!!!

Low level flight this weekend! Thanks a lot!!!
"A man who is contented with what he has done, will never become famous for what he will do".

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #138 on: May 06, 2015, 10:21:45 am »

Thanks guys, I hope it will be a good place for some casual filghts. One advice: get close to the lake first to make the model spawn :)

Cool! My eyes always get big when I think of all the fiddly work that must have gone into these sceneries. I've said it before but i'll say it again: you must be one patient guy!

Interesting fact: if you want to tweak things to the centimeter level, you'd better be really patient :D

Jagerbomber

« Reply #139 on: May 06, 2015, 02:19:38 pm »

Oh god, trying line those up?... It's enough just trying to make smooth intersections with curved corners at the moment.  =D :facepalm:
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #140 on: May 06, 2015, 02:56:27 pm »

Oh god, trying line those up?... It's enough just trying to make smooth intersections with curved corners at the moment.  =D :facepalm:

What about making these ones, some slanted, others flat, lining up perfectly? Oh yeah, and most are intersected of course ;)

I'd say it's painfully fun :)

HiFlyer

« Reply #141 on: May 06, 2015, 03:53:30 pm »

Maybe fun, but impractical on any larger scale. Obviously the controls will have to evolve.

Meanwhile.......

« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 05:08:56 pm by HiFlyer »
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

Jagerbomber

« Reply #142 on: May 06, 2015, 05:20:15 pm »

Haha Not happening.

And that's some crazy stuff...
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

HiFlyer

« Reply #143 on: May 06, 2015, 07:21:16 pm »

In my head, I imagine the perfect (maybe) scenery creation scheme, where from an overhead view, a designer (maybe with a map overlay) could use a graphics tablet to simply draw roads and rivers, draw tree boundary lines and have them autofill: place houses with a tap of the pen.......

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #144 on: May 07, 2015, 03:38:38 am »

In my head, I imagine the perfect (maybe) scenery creation scheme, where from an overhead view, a designer (maybe with a map overlay) could use a graphics tablet to simply draw roads and rivers, draw tree boundary lines and have them autofill: place houses with a tap of the pen.......

OSM has already these types of local informations, and I guess we should see it in Outerra at one point, since Titan will probably require a dataset importer. Majority of the editing will probably be handled as dataset preparation in the future, then local editing for stuff requiring high quality details (airports, local POI) depending what you want to do with it. It will probably better to do the type of work you describe inside of OSM, so this will not be exclusive to Outerra but to the other users as well :)

And I can assure you that with a bit of experience, the road tool is really straightforward to use. The area you see in the previous screenshot is a one hour work :)
The only real lacking feature for the moment is the capability to add non linear shapes (areas) in the engine. When it will be possible, and with a bit more specific profiles, even the capability to add custom ones, you can do almost everything.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 03:41:38 am by Acetone »

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #145 on: May 09, 2015, 06:57:15 am »

A documentary about the Alps with a few minutes in the Tallard area:

http://tinyurl.com/q8qqcvd
(I've directly set the video to the good time mark)

You will see the local radio telescopes site (present in the scenery) then a short visit in LFNA with a quick presentation of the Pilatus, an plane used in a lot of skydiving clubs :)
« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 07:00:55 am by Acetone »

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #146 on: August 31, 2015, 04:55:09 am »

Unfortunately, I can't solve the spikes problem in the LFNA area. There are several of these in the lake and one in Gap, and there is no way to fix these. It's probably a road related problem, but even by deleting local roads I couldn't fix the issue  :(

HiFlyer

« Reply #147 on: August 31, 2015, 07:44:48 am »

Unfortunately, I can't solve the spikes problem in the LFNA area. There are several of these in the lake and one in Gap, and there is no way to fix these. It's probably a road related problem, but even by deleting local roads I couldn't fix the issue  :(

Ouch.

HiFlyer

« Reply #148 on: August 31, 2015, 10:58:47 am »

Rudeboys buildings and your Talkeetna are a great team! Once roads and other flat areas can auto-merge the whole place will have a really professional veneer.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 12:04:22 pm by HiFlyer »

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #149 on: August 31, 2015, 11:00:39 am »

It seems to happen in the case when the road exits through the lowest terrain tile point (and it's not that unusual, the way roads are laid) and continues going down from there. Fixing ...
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12