Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12

Author Topic: [Released] Alps scenery  (Read 106445 times)

Acetone

• Youtube channel
Re: [Released] Alps scenery
« Reply #150 on: August 31, 2015, 01:38:25 pm »

It seems to happen in the case when the road exits through the lowest terrain tile point (and it's not that unusual, the way roads are laid) and continues going down from there. Fixing ...

Yep, actually I found a new way to fix these kind of bugs, at least when I can select the buggy road. In fact, if you increase a bit the nodes elevation around the spikes, the problem will disappear. It's a good workaround, more effective than the previous methods I was using (moving the road or adding more nodes).

I was fixing Awac9's Baikal airport when I found that:

No change, broken terrain

A small (10-20cm) elevation of some nodes, small improvement

Around 1 meter elevation, spikes still visible but the terrain is no longer broken

Almost good

Still need a bit of elevation to clean the last visible crack, but it's almost perfect

CaptTrego

• Target 4 Today!
« Reply #151 on: August 31, 2015, 06:48:10 pm »

Same thing I was seeing in Chaos Acetone..er...David....er....Acetone!   ;/ ;/

"Will it ever fly...??"

<CaptTrego!>

John514

• Certified TARDIS driver.
« Reply #152 on: September 24, 2015, 04:28:03 pm »

Acetone, remember asking about those Solar Panels?
I can make them for you. Can you give me their place in Google Maps?
You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling

Note: I do not claim to know everything.
I just like to help people around the forum.

HiFlyer

« Reply #153 on: September 26, 2015, 12:55:15 pm »

Are the alps scenery spikes on the radar for repair soon? (In the meanwhile, I'm thinking of them as being put there by a sorceror)

« Last Edit: September 26, 2015, 01:01:24 pm by HiFlyer »
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

CaptTrego

• Target 4 Today!
« Reply #154 on: September 26, 2015, 01:12:04 pm »

.....pylons for racing!   ;)
"Will it ever fly...??"

<CaptTrego!>

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #155 on: September 26, 2015, 01:14:56 pm »

Are the alps scenery spikes on the radar for repair soon? (In the meanwhile, I'm thinking of them as being put there by a sorceror)

Tried a lot of things, unfortunately never managed to fix these. The only solution would be to delete each tile where these appears and remake it from scratch, but since one is in the middle of Tallard...

Nah, you now what ? In fact I will do exactly that. Not now, I'm busy with something else (Soon™), but I will fix this next :)

HiFlyer

« Reply #156 on: September 26, 2015, 01:37:16 pm »

Sounds like a lot of work........  =|

Think again about if it's worth it then, if so, take your time.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2015, 03:07:27 pm by HiFlyer »
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #157 on: September 27, 2015, 01:46:29 am »

Do these still need to be remade from scratch? There was a fix and several ones that I tested back then just needed to be selected and built again, though in some cases you needed a restart for full effect.

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #158 on: September 27, 2015, 04:43:58 am »

Do these still need to be remade from scratch? There was a fix and several ones that I tested back then just needed to be selected and built again, though in some cases you needed a restart for full effect.

All the other roads spikes in various locations were fixed by this update, by simply moving a bit some roads nodes or simply reloading it.
But around LFNA... It's an other story.
Even after having selected and removed all the roads around the spike, it's still here. I can't see if there is a broken road here, one node deep under the ground, an other far in the air, because I can't select anything here.
It's obviously not a terrain bug, because the spikes are not here with an empty cache.

Sounds like a lot of work........  =|

Think again about if it's worth it then, if so, take your time.

It's ok. Buildings are not stored with the roads, so I won't have to replace these :)

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #159 on: October 20, 2015, 09:01:57 am »

Fixed versions, without spikes:

Didn't had the time to redo the roads, it's especially visible in Tallard where several roads are missing.

Fix version, without models
Download v3_update
Full version
Download v3_full

I will remake these roads soon, and why not improve the area :)

HiFlyer

« Reply #160 on: October 20, 2015, 10:49:04 am »

Thanks a lot!! I was still flying in the area, but those spikes were a shame. Very glad they are gone!

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #161 on: October 20, 2015, 11:00:26 am »

The good news is that it's a complete fix, I did several tests and the new roads don't generate bugs anymore, even here. So Cameni's fix is working, it's just that I was not able to locate the buggy/cloned roads creating the spikes here :)

HiFlyer

« Reply #162 on: October 20, 2015, 02:19:16 pm »

The good news is that it's a complete fix, I did several tests and the new roads don't generate bugs anymore, even here. So Cameni's fix is working, it's just that I was not able to locate the buggy/cloned roads creating the spikes here :)

I have found at least one remaining spike, though, so it might be good to make a thorough search of the area to make sure you got them all. Some are tricky, only showing up when you are right on top of them and viewing at the correct angle........  =|

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #163 on: October 21, 2015, 03:01:16 am »

Could you give me some campos for these ?   :)

HiFlyer

« Reply #164 on: October 21, 2015, 04:09:07 pm »

Could you give me some campos for these ?   :)

Every photo sharing site I know of seems to strip the positioning data from a picture........  =|
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12