Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Guru3D NVIDIA Video Turf Effects  (Read 6706 times)

HiFlyer

Guru3D NVIDIA Video Turf Effects
« on: October 26, 2014, 12:33:04 pm »

Seems pretty cool!!

Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
Re: Guru3D NVIDIA Video Turf Effects
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2014, 01:02:39 pm »

Come on guys.. WE CAN DO BETTER!
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2014, 03:09:09 pm »

Would be nice to have that pressing grass to the ground in OT, making tracks after vehicles wheels. That detail at close, maybe a kind of an owerlay texture would do ...

BUT, no grass destruction options ... not even an lawncutter ... and no volumetric grass pile making, or dirt effects on pressed grass ...
   ... and the worst thing. No flamethrower ... you must allways have the option to burn all things to dust.  ;D

We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

Revolver

• Adlerhorst-Hangar Design Group ©
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2014, 06:33:13 pm »

Interesting contribution. Thanks HiFlyer.
But I think that all that is only for the Shooter Games of interest. Since for Flysim this is anyhow badly as good, because a lot too much GPU-Ressource are used. ::)
"Es gibt nur eine Sünde, die gegen die ganze Menschheit mit allen ihren Geschlechtern begangen
werden kann, und dies ist die Verfälschung der Geschichte."(F.Hebbel)

Steve.Wilson

• Home Cockpit Builder
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2014, 11:40:06 pm »

Yup.  It's crop circle time.  I just wonder if this can apply to OpenGL.

HiFlyer

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2014, 04:48:12 am »

What I was thinking is that I remember it being mentioned that the current grass was fairly expensive computationally (though I don't see that, as turning off the grass does nothing for my framerates) and I was wondering if this implementation might be better or worse.
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

Jagerbomber

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2014, 12:07:10 pm »

Somebody's never played a Bethesda game...  ;D
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

PytonPago

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2014, 02:40:21 pm »

Somebody's never played a Bethesda game...  ;D

Well, they still use X shaped kinda grass/herb flats with some simple animation for wind and lay-down. Is true doe, that it is impressive visually especially at some of the graphic overhaul mods. The envidia vid approach takes more physics into grass ...

But Bedhesda has still the biggest bad-ass merchants ever ...

« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 02:42:50 pm by PytonPago »
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

Jagerbomber

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2014, 04:15:54 pm »

Well, my actual point is that the Gamebryo/Creation Engine sucks and grass is definitely a performance hog/killer.

I played Oblivion forever, and even though the engine was amazing at Oblivion's launch, and I was blown away by it, eventually it pissed me off too much while tweaking it to be able to keep playing the game.  I didn't stick with Skyrim for as long for the same reason.  I was so disappointed that they pretty much stayed with the same engine, with all its flaws still blatantly apparent.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 04:24:23 pm by Jagerbomber »
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

PytonPago

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2014, 11:52:41 pm »

Yes, youre right .. there is newer enough graphic settings options for games, especially the big ones. ... also, i think the devs like it buggy as it is ... well seems that way. :D

Jagerbomber

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2014, 12:19:55 pm »

lol  ::)