Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Its quiet........ Too Quiet........  (Read 9740 times)

HiFlyer

Its quiet........ Too Quiet........
« on: October 28, 2014, 07:55:48 am »

Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

Jagerbomber

Re: Its quiet........ Too Quiet........
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2014, 12:22:39 pm »

"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

HiFlyer

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2014, 02:46:47 pm »

See? All that noise, and it just echoed in tha' silence........  ;D

While we wait for news, here's something completely random!!!

« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 03:17:15 pm by HiFlyer »
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2014, 03:56:11 pm »

The forum one month after a major update :

The forum one hour after a major update :

The forum one month after a major update :

Here goes the life in Outerra.

aWac9

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2014, 07:13:27 pm »

:)

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2014, 09:15:50 pm »

BUTTS....

That is all.
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

Jagerbomber

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2014, 10:54:22 pm »

« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 10:57:20 pm by Jagerbomber »
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2014, 08:43:32 am »

People ... take it SCIENCE !

... its just the old Gaussian, just like with population growth and analytical chemistry cocentration on effect principles ( chromatography, absorbance etc. ).

You see, you take the base as time and Y as fansbase enjoyment level :

The enjoyment effect (the gaussian height) is determined by the awesomeness of the update or posts. But sometimes, things can go difficult to analyse :

As you can see, multiple awesome updates and posts may merge in one big-ass enjoyment gausian, witch not only owerrates the oweral situation due to the post combination, but also can end up pretty soon ... also, note, that negative gausians (noob stuff) can have a opposite effect too within the combination (but for most analytical processes, its from the werry fundamental oprinciple of methods imposible to get negatives). The thing to keep the stuff the rightly deserved credit on individual level and to keep the enjoyment level higher than the base noise line is just the time function ... so the time between awesome posts and updates needs to be rightly distributed to aether keep them separated, OR :

... synchronized to gain the maximum awesome post and update enjoyment level ( MAPaUEL for short ) trough all the time.

HiFlyer and aacetone are the right awesome posters, but theyr frequency is limited and the best way to get the closest to MAPaUEL as possible is getting devoted contributing people and coordinating them for the right posting/Update frequency to keep it  ----

--- by you fanbase ! You really should kick our arses to work more often and get OT promoted the EU style :

So take the awesomeness of the update or posts (AoUP), analyze theyr enjoyment effect (EE) and make a maximum of the functions combination trough time ...

F1 : AoUP1 = ( f (EE1) ) , EE1 = ( f (t) )
   F2 : AoUP2 = ( f (EE2) ) , EE2 = ( f (t) )

F = F1 + F2 + ...

d F = ( f (EE1, EE2  ...  ; t ) dt   <== search for the max !

.... still as said, this is the MAPaUEL of the fuinctions combination in the envisioned timeframe, so not ready yet ( remember your math teachers yet ? :D Silly me wanted yo to get caut again simplyfiing things the wrong way ... )

We need to actually do a search of the maximums of all the functions SEPARATELLY, evaluate the time frame of the indiviual MAPaUEL-s and fit them all onto the timeframe at a frequency ( and/orr specifically timed and controlled release ) within the interval of O (MAPaUEL (i)) = ( 0,9 * MAPaUEL ;MAPaUEL) to keep it at a all timeframe MAPaUEL0.9 level !!!!

PS: I wish i could do a disertation on that matter, but those damned marketing sissies took the confetti from psychologists already.  ::)

Also, sorry for remembering you your hate for maths. :D :D
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 09:06:26 am by PytonPago »
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2014, 10:40:10 am »

Now, that's a quality post  ;D

Your model only lacks on single variable : MAPaUEL can depend heavily of the RLTTMomT (Real Life Takes To Much of my Time).
For example, see the impact of RLTTMomT on MAPaUEL for the single LftA model (Levi for the Awesome). Impact of RLTTMomT is significant.

Fortunately, you already describe the solution in your essay: inclusion of new members increase the chance for an optimal AoUP.

How could we achieve that?

"-HELLO SIR, HAVE YOU HEARD THE GOOD WORD ABOUT THE 3D PLANETARY ENGINE FOR SEAMLESS PLANET RENDERING FROM SPACE DOWN TO THE SURFACE, OUR LORD AND SAVIOR? "

May work.

Finaly: an edited version of my last gif, because why not?

Jagerbomber

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2014, 12:54:48 pm »

lmfao

Varldsligist

• Long time x, first time y
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2014, 02:56:03 pm »

Closest to the release is the support for collision shapes for vehicles and static objects, and lights.
People wanting to prepare for the collisions support can read a brief doc about the requirements for the models.

We would like to get clouds and rivers into Outerra soon as well, as it would be great also for an important milestone and showcase for OT this year, but there being tons of other work related to that we can't really guarantee any dates yet.
All aboard!

HiFlyer

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2014, 04:29:13 pm »

Closest to the release is the support for collision shapes for vehicles and static objects, and lights.
People wanting to prepare for the collisions support can read a brief doc about the requirements for the models.

We would like to get clouds and rivers into Outerra soon as well, as it would be great also for an important milestone and showcase for OT this year, but there being tons of other work related to that we can't really guarantee any dates yet.
All aboard!

Well, I always assume that when its quiet, they are being busy beavers.... Or on vacation!!!

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2014, 02:48:57 am »

Finaly: an edited version of my last gif, because why not?

... thats the spirit ! :D
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

aWac9

« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2014, 04:02:47 am »

Happy Halloween
:)

« Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 10:51:49 am by aWac9 »