Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Outerra Mods: The Outerra Mod Database *Updated*  (Read 19505 times)

theshanergy

Outerra Mods: The Outerra Mod Database *Updated*
« on: November 01, 2014, 05:30:58 pm »

On the heels of the camdavre launch, I present to you another online model site for Outerra: http://www.outerramods.com

I hate to duplicate effort but in this case I already had the site half way done when AnimatedSyn announced his model site, and I was having fun building it. Oh well, more Outerra model resources can't be a bad thing!

I've added a few of my own models just to get the ball rolling, but more importantly anyone is free to sign up and host their own models here as well. Most of my models are pretty early alpha.. in that they need a lot of work. That said, there are some cool items added already such as a way overpowered rock crawler, and a fully functional dirt bike.

I'll almost certainly be adding site features as time goes on, and definitely more models, but I figured I would launch with the basic functionality in place to get people sharing more. I would really like to approach this as a sort of open source model, where us modders can work together to improve our models. In that spirit, please feel free to post modifications or fixes for any of the models that you come across in the comments section, and we'll encourage model authors to keep them up to date (which is just me for the time being)  :)

Comments / criticisms welcome. Happy modelling!
« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 05:24:27 pm by theshanergy »

Levi

• Outerra Mods Site!
Re: (Another) Outerra Mod database
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2014, 06:48:24 pm »

Wow! That's one awesome website! I love it!

I'll be definitely adding my mods there. :)

Keep up the good work theshanergy!

thx_nb

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2014, 07:15:42 pm »

Looking good! Very beautiful.

Can't seem to download anything though. I think there's an error in the download urls.

theshanergy

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2014, 07:27:30 pm »

Looking good! Very beautiful.

Can't seem to download anything though. I think there's an error in the download urls.

Fixed! Thanks for the note - I inadvertently broke the download function for a minute there
« Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 01:59:04 am by theshanergy »

KW71

• Outerra Developer
  • Love OT!
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2014, 11:22:30 pm »

Great, thanks!!!

The filter is not working properly. When you activate and de-activate icons, stop filtering stuff.

Trains could be added:

http://forum.outerra.com/index.php?topic=1536.0
"A man who is contented with what he has done, will never become famous for what he will do".

theshanergy

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2014, 01:58:34 am »

Great, thanks!!!

The filter is not working properly. When you activate and de-activate icons, stop filtering stuff.

Trains could be added:

http://forum.outerra.com/index.php?topic=1536.0

I think I've got the filter issue fixed now. Also, added a railway vehicles category - now go add some trains! :)

KW71

• Outerra Developer
  • Love OT!
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2014, 01:23:34 pm »

Hi again!!

Have you been in touch with AnimatedSyn?

I also wrote in his post, asking for you working together.

As I told him, you have great filters in your page and the page's name helps. And he, in the other hand, have already a far larger inventory.

Working "together"... working "to get there", would make you bot unbeatable in this field.

It is just mho.
"A man who is contented with what he has done, will never become famous for what he will do".

HiFlyer

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2014, 04:09:56 pm »

Hi again!!

Have you been in touch with AnimatedSyn?

I also wrote in his post, asking for you working together.

As I told him, you have great filters in your page and the page's name helps. And he, in the other hand, have already a far larger inventory.

Working "together"... working "to get there", would make you bot unbeatable in this field.

It is just mho.

I think eventually, when Outerra explodes (as it almost inevitably will if things remain on course) then a few of these gents will have established at least one of the sites that will become the mainstay of that future modding community.
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

theshanergy

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2014, 04:15:14 pm »

I think eventually, when Outerra explodes (as it almost inevitably will if things remain on course) then a few of these gents will have established at least one of the sites that will become the mainstay of that future modding community.

^^ This is what I'm trying to achieve. As it is there isn't a good single repository for all Outerra modding resources on the net (until now), and that is exactly what outerramods.com stands to serve. When I discovered Outerra I immediately fell in love with the concept, and began searching for resources that would let me build a personalized experience. The forums here are excellent, but not well suited for easily locating user contributed content. With outerramods.com I plan to provide this to all.

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2014, 12:57:29 am »

Competition Breeds Innovation.

May the best one win.

"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2014, 12:41:17 pm »

The site and the BTsync option could be really interesting for my scenes.

I don't want to share directly the models I use because they are not mine but some of the users were not really happy with the long model links list. The majority of the models I use are not on your site, but it's great to see that in a near future, there could be a single download link for the entire set of mods.

I'm not using the .otx format for my work (doesn't seems to work for data unpacked in data/earth/...) so I can't upload my work on your website, but I will keep an eye on it!
Nice work, by the way, responsive design and clean UI :)

theshanergy

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2014, 12:58:03 pm »

Competition Breeds Innovation.

May the best one win.

Yes, agreed. Competition is great for innovation, and more importantly in this case great for the community. Luckily in this case it seems like more of a friendly rivalry. I don't plan to monetize or otherwise profit from the site, so whatever helps people find more models and discover Outerra is best.

The site and the BTsync option could be really interesting for my scenes.

I don't want to share directly the models I use because they are not mine but some of the users were not really happy with the long model links list. The majority of the models I use are not on your site, but it's great to see that in a near future, there could be a single download link for the entire set of mods.

I'm not using the .otx format for my work (doesn't seems to work for data unpacked in data/earth/...) so I can't upload my work on your website, but I will keep an eye on it!
Nice work, by the way, responsive design and clean UI :)

This is an interesting use-case. I hadn't considered the possibility of resources that don't share the common otx file format, but I would love to get your scenes up on the site as they are quite nice. I could possibly create a new type of content on the site specifically for scenes, and let you reference the existing model otx files rather than needing to include them in the scene directly. If you have any further feedback or suggestions on this topic please do let me know, and I'll update when I've figured out the best solution.

Thanks for your comment!

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2014, 01:21:01 pm »

This is an interesting use-case. I hadn't considered the possibility of resources that don't share the common otx file format, but I would love to get your scenes up on the site as they are quite nice. I could possibly create a new type of content on the site specifically for scenes, and let you reference the existing model otx files rather than needing to include them in the scene directly. If you have any further feedback or suggestions on this topic please do let me know, and I'll update when I've figured out the best solution.

Thanks for your comment!

Well, forget what I said. I just tested it and found a way to make it work. It wasn't even difficult  ;D. I will add the scene on your website tomorrow. I will keep the list system for model dependecy for the moment but a way to make it simple in the future could be handy. Honestly, I think the BTsync system should be the best option, I will only have to add links for the models that are not in your website.

The only suggestion I can think of is a way to "subscribe" to a mod news feed for an user. I often update my scenes and I know some models creators do the same thing, so a way for users to be informed of a new version release may be interresting (if they don't follow the forum already).

theshanergy

« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2014, 01:44:00 pm »

Well, forget what I said. I just tested it and found a way to make it work. It wasn't even difficult  ;D. I will add the scene on your website tomorrow. I will keep the list system for model dependecy for the moment but a way to make it simple in the future could be handy. Honestly, I think the BTsync system should be the best option, I will only have to add links for the models that are not in your website.

The only suggestion I can think of is a way to "subscribe" to a mod news feed for an user. I often update my scenes and I know some models creators do the same thing, so a way for users to be informed of a new version release may be interresting (if they don't follow the forum already).

Ah that's excellent to hear! In that case what I can do which is relatively simple, is allow you to reference any dependencies from existing models. This could apply to any type of model. I notice that many of your dependencies in this case are not packaged as otx files either, but maybe I'll manually run them through the exporter and add to the site under their appropriate usernames and attribution, that way you can reference them directly.

Mod subscriptions are in the pipeline as well - just working out some of the bugs. For the time being we do have comment notification enabled for authenticated users, so you can make an account on the site and leave a comment on any model you wish to follow to be notified of further discussion. This is different than the actual mod release updates which I'll be adding however.

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2014, 02:23:23 am »

It sure works, actually otx currently only works for the data folder. You just need to preserve the right directory structure within the otx file, e.g it should contain cache/earth/...
Pages: [1] 2