Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: [IDEA/EVENT] Outerra Racing League  (Read 16807 times)

pedropp222

• 255.82 hours played since August 17, 2014
Re: [IDEA/EVENT] Outerra Racing League
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2014, 04:58:48 pm »

Now that would be awesome! On top of that i had another idea. What about an on-road and/or off-road sprint race?
You start in a small village and you must get to the end by road(good for cars) or you can just off-road you way across the land (awesome for everything else). We just have to share the cache, which is not difficult and play by the rules!

theshanergy

« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2014, 05:03:10 pm »

Now that would be awesome! On top of that i had another idea. What about an on-road and/or off-road sprint race?
You start in a small village and you must get to the end by road(good for cars) or you can just off-road you way across the land (awesome for everything else). We just have to share the cache, which is not difficult and play by the rules!

yea it would be awesome if there were a few different routes, some on road, some off, with the option for some shortcuts that would be slow and/or steep. I guess we would need to agree on the vehicle selection as well. Either that or we could just post fastest times per vehicle (or vehicle class).

pedropp222

« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2014, 05:24:17 pm »

Now its just a matter of finding a good spot and making it look cool for the race!
But first, I have another question. I have modified my vehicles scripts so they are faster / more off-road capable, etc. Will that be tolerated in the event or do you must use the original vehicle script?

Haydz192

« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2014, 10:55:14 pm »

I guess it'd be fine. Maybe I'll add a class-based system (as theshanergy suggested), so all the cars are grouped together for individual classes, and then an open class with everything all smooshed together.

Cheers for all the support, can't believe this took off like it did.
Oh, and I think we should host the first race in New Zealand! Especially the Wellington (bottom of North Island) area, there's a whole bunch of nice hills mixed with flat parts
Also, OP updated!
« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 11:21:17 pm by Haydz192 »
Owns a Origin Jumpworks 300i in Star Citizen.

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2014, 02:40:42 am »

I once put a race track around the rim of an active volcano off the coast of Africa.. Just saying.
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

Haydz192

« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2014, 02:52:27 am »

I once put a race track around the rim of an active volcano off the coast of Africa.. Just saying.
That sounds epic, hehe.

pedropp222

« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2014, 04:45:25 am »

That was the video that made me fall in love with Outerra, and even though it didn't have sound i still watched 'till the end :P

Jagerbomber

« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2014, 02:23:37 pm »

"active"
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

Haydz192

« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2014, 04:16:56 pm »

"active"
because active volcanoes actually erupt in OT.

...in a few years, maybe. :)

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2015, 04:09:50 pm »

30 minutes of work and I came up with an really cool race track in south America. It's a really long road (around 30min of driving). I've keep it fairly large in case of spinning.
I will modify some sections, add few props here and there and it will be ready for release :)

pedropp222

« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2015, 04:27:45 am »

Looks very nice!

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2015, 01:00:31 pm »

Outerra race track    Download

It's a fairly nice location, in Colombia (South America). I've kept the road really large to make it more enjoyable but remember: in Outerra overspeeding often end with insane loopings in the air. Try to keep a 70/80 mph max speed. I had a fairly nice experience with the Chevy, but I think a high-speed futuristic vehicule like F-Zero's ones would be the best :)

« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 01:05:24 pm by Acetone »

aWac9

« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2015, 02:25:01 pm »

great, it's a very nice with great views circuit .. maybe a little big roads .. but well .. congratulations

Haydz192

« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2015, 07:56:28 pm »

Outerra race track    Download

It's a fairly nice location, in Colombia (South America). I've kept the road really large to make it more enjoyable but remember: in Outerra overspeeding often end with insane loopings in the air. Try to keep a 70/80 mph max speed. I had a fairly nice experience with the Chevy, but I think a high-speed futuristic vehicule like F-Zero's ones would be the best :)

Oh my, that looks fantastic. I've been inactive over the past few months, but hell, I think I need to play this a whole lot more lol.  I'll get a video up of my lap ASAP.
Pages: 1 [2]