Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Why not post at Avsim?  (Read 13123 times)

HiFlyer

Re: Why not post at Avsim?
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2014, 12:19:43 pm »

Did someone try before segmenting as a "website on several servers" to split the load on it ? ... also, making a net of secondary sites posting along news from the avisim could go (yes, someone would have to be so nice to do it for other people).

Load is load and i dont know how they manage the site, but can fairly imagine theyre not dealing with such things like Google.  ;D Also ... they have that warning there : If you are already a registered user and keep seeing this notice, you are not accepting cookies from forum.avsim.net, or avsim.com. You need to allow cookies from both avsim.net and avsim.com to bypass this message and automatically log into AVSIM in future sessions.  ... maybe thats what redirects ya back for some browser based reason. (know had some problems once with the keepvid site and allowing java stuff was kinda dodgy as well.)

Acetone and theshanergy, you dont know the biggest basterds ... have no idea how some people make money out of scientific publications just be "publishing them on the net". Is true they re-check stuff and have the hosting servers, but they dont have to do that the politics way of framing people. (its also some great portion of school funds and professor individual payments to keep up unis at "real time science" level, no matter its actually theyr work being done and posted there).

Want to see some horror?

"Tom Allensworth" <tom@removethis.avsim.com> wrote in message
news:p RSHe.12927$oZ.1520@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net...
> Yup, we got slammed and are trying to get things back in order. For those
> that "groove" on this stuff, here are some stats (forum 136 is the PMDG
> forum):
>
> Jul29: 82,416 forum PHP calls, of which 35,264 for forum=136 (42.8%)
>
> Jul30: 78,243 forum PHP calls, of which 31,546 for forum=136 (40.3%)
>
> Jul31: 105,464 forum PHP calls, of which 54,615 for forum=136 (51.8%)
>
> Aug01: 102,810 forum PHP calls, of which 55,211 for forum=136 (53.7%)
>
> Aug02: [interrupted due to problems, legitimate "served" calls listed]
>
> Aug02: 37,046 forum PHP calls, of which 25,468 for forum=136 (68.7%)
>
> As I said, we are trying to bring the system back online, but will
probably
> wait the mad rush out. When things calm down, we'll be back online as
> always. And, just so everyone knows, we'll be bringing online this weekend
a
> new and much bigger server to handle forum traffic (to the tune of $7,000
or
> so).

When/if the Outerra forum ever gets that big, they will have to start paying you, Python!!!  ;D
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2014, 01:50:25 pm »

Paying me ?  ;D Their rip-off my pants pockets for paying off those servers for keeping my stuff on them, whyte that around 7000 bucks server costs.  ;D  ;D Ill better use this forum good till fan-base grows. ::)

Just hope Cameny dont get problems like this :

Or we just dump that 90s born internet and go whyte OT into plan B stage :

.... and lots of models !  ;D
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2014, 03:55:58 pm »

Acetone and theshanergy, you dont know the biggest basterds ... have no idea how some people make money out of scientific publications just be "publishing them on the net". Is true they re-check stuff and have the hosting servers, but they dont have to do that the politics way of framing people. (its also some great portion of school funds and professor individual payments to keep up unis at "real time science" level, no matter its actually theyr work being done and posted there).

You are talking about Elsevier and co right? If so, trust me, I know exactly what they do and who they are. In fact, I'm working as a freelance for some folks which are doing the exact opposite of what they do ;D

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2014, 12:17:49 am »

You are talking about Elsevier and co right? If so, trust me, I know exactly what they do and who they are. In fact, I'm working as a freelance for some folks which are doing the exact opposite of what they do ;D

Damn right.  ... Aron had it right back then, sadly the world is slow in thinking lately.  :P
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

Steve.Wilson

• Home Cockpit Builder
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2014, 04:03:17 pm »

Who remember's Poul Anderson's "Brain Wave?"  (Old, but very good SF.)    :)
Pages: 1 [2]