Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: anteworld hangs at startup  (Read 7216 times)

rodeback

anteworld hangs at startup
« on: November 21, 2014, 05:11:29 am »

Hi, after trying out the demo (which worked after installing the latest catalyst driver 14.9), I updated to the full version this morning and now anteworld starts but remains at the screen "initializing the world". In Taskmanager, outerra.exe*32 appears to be working, consuming about 48% CPU and using about 455,000k of memory and still counting up, but it's been more than 10 minutes now. My operating system is Win7 professional. I tried to enclose the eng.log file but the 3k file appears to be too large to be accepted by your server . I will leave the computer and outerra running to see what happens. If by any chance, it will stop increasing in memory size and start working, I will report back

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
Re: anteworld hangs at startup
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2014, 07:03:38 am »

Please go to OT data folder (where the eng.log was) and delete eng.cfg, world.cfg, and also campos/earth/default.cam

For logs you can use service like pastebin.com

rodeback

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2014, 10:02:51 am »

Thank you Cameni, that solved THAT problem. Now I have a landscape with purple hills and purple spots in the grass. But I saw some postings about purple anomalies and will search there if I can find a solution for this next problem

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2014, 10:19:04 am »

You must go back to AMD 14.4 drivers ... something wrong there with 14.9 and ≤5000 GPUs.

Ryan10427

• supporter
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2014, 10:32:07 am »

Please go to OT data folder (where the [url=http://goo.gl/Pj6bvt][url=http://goo.gl/Pj6bvt]eng.log[/url][/url] was) and delete eng.cfg, world.cfg, and also campos/earth/default.cam

For logs you can use service like pastebin.com

I have the same issue but i did what you said here and it didnt work at all..it still hangs at startup. i looked in the Log and it just repeats "DEBUG: tex widget updated: 136,47,48,48" over and over and over...

EDIT i found the Problem Some how it was C:\ProgramData\RealNetworks\RealDownloader\BrowserPlugins\Chrome\Hook\rndlchrome10browserrecordhelper.dll that was causing it ._. i Deleted everything and it worked...

EDIT EDIT: nvm.... worked once then now its hanging again...
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 10:56:36 am by Ryan10427 »

Ryan10427

• supporter
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2014, 11:09:25 am »

Heres the log

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2014, 02:50:44 pm »

The camera seems to be in a position where the world waits for terrain refine forever. Did you really delete the right campos/earth/default.cam file (in data dir, not program)?

Ryan10427

• supporter
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2014, 03:15:31 pm »

The camera seems to be in a position where the world waits for terrain refine forever. Did you really delete the right campos/earth/default.cam file (in data dir, not program)?
I did and and its not even in the list

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2014, 03:19:40 pm »

In what list? Is the file in C:\Users\Ryan\Outerra\campos\earth\default.cam?

Ryan10427

• supporter
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2014, 04:59:06 pm »

In what list? Is the file in C:\Users\Ryan\Outerra\campos\earth\default.cam?
Yes i took a screenshot http://imgur.com/ScZtJom

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2014, 05:23:30 pm »

Hm in that case it loads the one in the program dir, which should be unchanged since the original installation (and working). To be sure, you can copy the airport 2 cam from the program dir to the default.cam in the data dir, it should load the airport location.

If it doesn't, something must be blocking the refinement process or corrupting the data read from the GPU ...

Ryan10427

• supporter
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2014, 05:35:18 pm »

Hm in that case it loads the one in the program dir, which should be unchanged since the original installation (and working). To be sure, you can copy the airport 2 cam from the program dir to the default.cam in the data dir, it should load the airport location.

If it doesn't, something must be blocking the refinement process or corrupting the data read from the GPU ...

Ok so i found a fix lol i remembered i downloaded the Middle-Earth so what i did was copy and paste that default into the earth cam list and it working!