User mods, screenshots & videos > Scenery

Huge Meshes! Chapala Lake in Outerra.

(1/3) > >>

KW71:
I thought one flat mesh (2 triangles) and a couple of textures would do the work... Was wrong!

This is a huge Chapala Lake (México) 3D mesh. This lake is about 80 x 18 Kms.

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

Here is a small video:

The model is already uploaded. Get it here: http://forum.outerra.com/index.php?topic=3064.0

Acetone:
Wait... Did you just find a way to make manually lakes with a single model? This is pure gold...

I don't really understand your first sentence ("I thought one flat mesh (2 triangles) and a couple of textures would do the work... Was wrong!") because it's absolutely beautiful...

2eyed:
Reminds me that we need lakes 'n rivers urgently.
KW71, is your mesh with animated surface ?
A little problematic seem to be the borders. And oh well, the trees. ;D

PytonPago:
Really nice outcome for an alternative solution !

KW71:
Hi!

--- Quote from: Acetone on November 22, 2014, 06:33:54 am ---I don't really understand your first sentence ("I thought one flat mesh (2 triangles) and a couple of textures would do the work... Was wrong!") because it's absolutely beautiful...

--- End quote ---

Because this is not just a pair of triangles.  ;)

--- Quote from: 2eyed on November 22, 2014, 07:07:41 am ---KW71, is your mesh with animated surface ?

--- End quote ---
Wish to know how to do it in OT!; the "sparks" you see on the water are a common situation (related to normal maps, resolution, movement, etc... I can't explain exactly what it is), that in this case became in our favor.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version