Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: c++  (Read 4508 times)

bomber

c++
« on: November 02, 2014, 04:34:25 pm »

I know I've been quiet lately, been busy on the IL14 flight model... The aerodynamics and prop files are completed just working on the engine.

I need however to work on the piston code within jsbsim.. It's just a c++ file that'll need modifying but that's not my bag. And if I'm honest I've enough on my plate understanding the complexities of a piston engine without also having to learn c++

How then to progress?

"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
Re: c++
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2014, 01:03:40 am »

Probably best talking to JSBSim people about the required changes, since it should be committed into the JSBSim's code to not vanish at a later time.

HiFlyer

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2014, 09:53:50 am »

I'm always slightly surprised we don't see more Flightgear Alumni here to dip their fingers in, a little. It seems like a logical secondary interest and possible alternate pathway to explore, seeing as Outerra is using Jsbsim.
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

Jon S. Berndt

• http://www.jsbsim.org
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2014, 12:27:00 am »

Probably best talking to JSBSim people about the required changes, since it should be committed into the JSBSim's code to not vanish at a later time.

Exactly right. Bomber, are you on the JSBSim developer mailing list?

Jon
Jon S. Berndt
Development Coordinator
JSBSim Project
JSBSim.org

bomber

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2014, 05:31:55 am »

Yes I am..... But I don't find it easy to communicate with the group... It's all very isolated.

The piston code needs reviewing and working on.... I would be worn down fighting the inertia to change within the mailing list.
"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell