Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12

Author Topic: AeroKinetics Mod  (Read 133105 times)

necro

• google+ Blog
Re: AeroKinetics Mod
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2014, 12:42:25 pm »

I thought LOX tanks are looking like the LH2 tanks. But good. I will rename it to that.
I took the VAB from g-maps and osm. But not bing. Bing sucks. Wikipedia gives the dimensions for it and the rest is approximated by eye. I'm not satisfied yet, because i think its more symmetrical as my one. Therefore i restarted it with more symmetry. So the building on the screenshot is ye olde one. Also additional buildings are not started. The launch control center for example. But probably this should be separated though

Uriah

• Global Moderator
  • We do these things not because they are easy. -JFK
« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2014, 12:49:08 pm »

Awesome great work! Things are really starting to take shape, it is always nice to have help too.

How do you load normal maps in the material for 3ds Max export to DAE? I haven't had any luck using the typical method.

necro

• google+ Blog
« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2014, 01:36:38 pm »

I dont know. I'm doing it by hand in the material file. The blender exporter doesnt export the textures but the relative names. So its close enough to ctrl+v the files each time in the outerra package folder.

Uriah

• Global Moderator
« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2014, 02:21:25 pm »

Weird, I pasted the normal maps into the package/J246 folder and edited the J246.mtl file like so:

{
      "name" : "srb_all",
      "color" : ".725,.725,.725,1.0",
      "f0" : ".027",
      "roughness" : ".498",
      "no_light" : false,
      "alpha_masked" : false,
      "tex_albedo" : "6_SRBColor.dds",
      "tex_normal" : "SRBNorm.dds",
      "tex_roughness" : "",
      "tex_opacity" : "",
      "tex_reflectance" : "",
      "tex_environment" : ""
   },

Still nothing. :/ But I did get the rest of my textures working.

necro

• google+ Blog
« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2014, 03:41:35 pm »

could you upload all files? the normal map in true colors please. i will convert them by myself

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2014, 04:00:11 pm »

Nice.. 8X barely touches the framerate of OT.
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

Uriah

• Global Moderator
« Reply #36 on: December 07, 2014, 05:20:11 pm »

Interstage fairing removed, reveling the six second stage RL-10B-2 engines and thrust structure. More detail will be added in the future.

Orion Multi-Purpose Crew Vehicle cabin interior... I think it is a must.

M7

« Reply #37 on: December 07, 2014, 05:47:41 pm »

Cool stuff!

Uriah

• Global Moderator
« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2014, 06:42:35 pm »

Why thank you M7! I see you are also a fan of rockets.

Orion Launch Abort System

Just noticed this, so I can cross one item off my list:

Code: [Select]
    <event name="Vehicle state:" persistent="true">
      <description>Output message at 10 second intervals</description>
      <notify>
        <description>Vehicle state:</description>
        <property caption="Mission Elapsed Time:    "> guidance/executive/MET </property>
        <property caption="ECI Velocity (fps):      "> velocities/eci-velocity-mag-fps </property>
        <property caption="Orbital apogee (miles):  "> guidance/executive/apoapsis </property>
        <property caption="Orbital perigee (miles): "> guidance/executive/periapsis </property>
        <property caption="Orbital eccentricity:    "> guidance/executive/eccentricity </property>
        <property caption="Altitude AGL (ft):       "> position/h-agl-ft </property>
        <property caption="Alpha (deg):             "> aero/alpha-deg </property>
        <property caption="Pitch rate cmd:          "> guidance/executive/gravity-turn-pitch-rate-command </property>
        <property caption="Thetadot (rad/sec):      "> velocities/thetadot-rad_sec </property>
        <property caption="Roll angle (rad):        "> attitude/phi-rad </property>
        <property caption="Pitch angle (rad):       "> attitude/theta-rad </property>
        <property caption="Heading (rad):           "> attitude/psi-rad </property>
        <property caption="Hold-down discrete:      "> forces/hold-down </property>
        <property caption="Throttle (norm):         "> fcs/throttle-cmd-norm[0] </property>
        <property caption="GNC Mode:                "> guidance/executive/current-mode </property>
      </notify>
      <condition> simulation/sim-time-sec >= simulation/notify-time-trigger </condition>
      <set name="simulation/notify-time-trigger" value="10" type="delta"/>
    </event>
« Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 08:34:27 pm by Uriah509 »

Uriah

• Global Moderator
« Reply #39 on: December 07, 2014, 11:55:32 pm »

What I love about Outerra, is it makes even a shoddy model look good! Here is the KSP LC-39A Launch Pad, scale check and first test.

« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 12:14:58 am by Uriah509 »

Uriah

• Global Moderator
« Reply #40 on: December 08, 2014, 07:32:34 pm »

Thanks to Levi, we are about to have a fully functional rocket in-game!!!!!

He gave me some tips and was also able to test the J246 FDM using the Saturn V model. I have asked permission to post his message and link to the rocket here, so check back soon.

-Uriah

necro

• google+ Blog
« Reply #41 on: December 09, 2014, 01:38:32 am »

That sounds great! Does even decoupling work?

Uriah

• Global Moderator
« Reply #42 on: December 09, 2014, 02:21:39 am »

That answer to that question is, not yet.

Levi used a solid model so it physically cannot decouple the parts, yet I believe that JSBSim zeros the mass and drag of the stage when the event jettisons it. The flight is completely automated temporarily until I figure out how to fly manual. Once you initiate the launch, the flight sequence is executed by the program. I also noticed the speed indicator in the HUD reads zero after the orbital turn is made at around 60,000 ft. This may be due to it cannot calculate ground speed, and would need to switch to orbital speed instead. Really I need a new HUD to display the orbital parameters instead of those used by aircraft. Also, the camera is way too close, but that is a simple fix.

We're so close!!! And thank you Levi! A million times.

Also necro, thank you so much for your help! I hope not to do any more modeling for at least a few weeks, at least until I get everything working correctly, and hopefully by then many others will be inspired to help with modeling so that I can focus on flushing out all of the features of have planned for this mod. I certainly appreciate you being actively involved, it keeps me inspired knowing that other people are interested and even contributing. How is your modeling coming along btw? FYI: I will setup a git for this project tomorrow, so you can access my models and also check your scale, so that we can get on the same page. I was way off scale initially, but now everything is precise to the mm. It doesn't really matter with ground objects, but things such as the VAB or launch pad need to be the proper scale. I'll of course keep you posted on the progress and commit to the git once I have the J246 working satisfactorily.

As always, regards,
Uriah George
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 02:25:13 am by Uriah509 »

necro

• google+ Blog
« Reply #43 on: December 09, 2014, 02:41:14 am »

Awesome! And you dont have to thank me, bud. Your work is much harder. And I am interested in that, because i love KSP as you do. I will release the VAB these days. It depends on the time i have so far. The scale is taken by wikipedia, so the building itself has its correct dimension. Unfortunately i'm bad in textures because its very timeconsuming. Therefore i dislike it to make them. But working with several colored materials should work for the beginning.

Uriah

• Global Moderator
« Reply #44 on: December 09, 2014, 03:15:48 am »

Likewise, I am far better at modeling than texturing, however I am decent so I can revisit textures at a later time, or like I said I hope additional enthusiasts jump on the band wagon and help. I should have the J246 working by tomorrow!

-Uriah
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12