Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: No physics for me today, thank you. :-)  (Read 8546 times)

HiFlyer

No physics for me today, thank you. :-)
« on: November 12, 2014, 10:28:40 pm »

This actually went on for a few minutes before I finally decided to start recording. all I did was hit a rock. :-)

« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 10:31:44 pm by HiFlyer »
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
Re: No physics for me today, thank you. :-)
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2014, 11:30:08 pm »

~ is your friend.
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2014, 07:18:25 am »

Well, those vehicle parameters need tweaking ... doe, first time i see something bouncing off the second time in air again.  :D
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

thx_nb

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2014, 08:45:03 am »

I don't think the extreme bouncing and rotating is related to vehicle parameters per se.
It just seems something goes wrong whenever something else than the tires hit the ground. The strange thing is I've found that the controls influence this bouncing and tumbling: pressing the brake does limit the effect.

HiFlyer

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2014, 10:40:40 am »

Well I just thought it was funny, but I have to admit being a bit surprised that bullit doesn't lock down things a bit tighter than that.
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

PytonPago

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2014, 04:00:38 pm »

I don't think the extreme bouncing and rotating is related to vehicle parameters per se.
It just seems something goes wrong whenever something else than the tires hit the ground. The strange thing is I've found that the controls influence this bouncing and tumbling: pressing the brake does limit the effect.

.. yes, but it can be managed that way too. Well see what the collision update brings into this.

(also, try checking the origin points of all meshes, might be something off the model too)
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

theshanergy

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2014, 12:28:42 pm »

What, you mean your real life cars don't randomly jump up into the air and fling you many miles away?  ;D

Seriously though, it seems that it has something to do with the engine torque when in freefall. It sends the vehicle into a roll and acts as a sort of anti-gravity machine.

No vehicle is immune! (though admittedly some handle it better than others).

Jagerbomber

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2014, 03:24:06 pm »

And... stuck the landing
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

PytonPago

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2014, 01:58:10 am »

Ah ... when trying to slalom mt. Everest you mean ! ... yes, that does pretty much any vehicle.  ;D
I still think its something about the suspension - being applied from the other direction than meant to, doing some strange force stuff (and the engine torque in combination). The collision meshes may eliminate that, when they come. (the importer does some basic collision mesh, but when upside-down, it does still fall to wheel level into the ground)

HiFlyer

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2014, 08:50:46 am »

So......... No skiing for now?  :)

PytonPago

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2014, 09:18:22 am »

So......... No skiing for now?  :)

... nah, its just :

:D (you should not use wheeled stuff)  ;D  ;D
« Last Edit: November 15, 2014, 09:33:36 am by PytonPago »

Jagerbomber

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2014, 02:50:32 pm »

Naw... That's doin' it right!
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P