Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Found this  (Read 23194 times)

Acetone

• Youtube channel
Re: Found this
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2014, 03:51:00 am »

Sherlock Holmes, phase 2 :

PythonPago posted the website link in reddit and someone had really interesting info there :

Quote from: Mikochu
The Titan guys are great. I'd like to talk more about who they are, but I signed an NDA agreement about six months ago and I don't remember what I can and can't say.
However, I'll talk about what I saw publicly at IITSEC. They are partnered with Laser Shot and Intelligent Decisions and they are featured at their IITSEC booth. They had prototype simulators of a ship platform, HMMWV driver/gunner (Oculus DK2/VSS HMD), UH-60 (Ryan Aerospace, triple-screen GTX 980 running at 5760x1200?), and DSTS (1.5 week rapid prototype!)
From what I know, the DSTS setup normally runs VBS2, but they've also got Titan (MilSim Outerra) and Unreal engines running...and they implemented Morpheme.
I didn't get to play around with the integrated demos as I had a meeting to attend, but I did play around with a Titan demo that ran server-side (virtualization) for an R&D project I know about. The menus are spruced up, but not too different from what we're used to in Outerra...
I'm excited for Titan and what they are bringing to the table in military simulation. Right now, I feel Bohemia has everyone by the balls and it makes our lives miserable.

And this is probably legit because : http://forum.outerra.com/index.php?topic=2619.msg27709#msg27709

:)
So the boat thing I posted earlier will be used as a sim setup for Outerra, like the Heli one !

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2014, 05:14:32 am »

Y u has one unsued monitor >:0

Im in word, FJSE and blender a lot ...  ::) 

... now imagine whyte so much hands n heads, how much work could be done ...

... or like a popcorn n chips inserter whyle chillin, both, one from each side. Or even adding a tacho one to them. Man THE POSSIBILITIES ! 

;D  ;D  ;D

We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

theshanergy

« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2014, 12:30:59 pm »

Y u has one unsued monitor >:0

To play out my childhood Matrix fantasies  ;D

Hah, but seriously.. I use that one too, just not when gaming. The 3 in the center are connected to my work/gaming machine. The one on the far right is connected to a Macbook Pro. My usual setup is email on the far left, web browsers in center, code editor/bash right, then misc on the far right (usually skype + music). I could never go back to a single monitor setup now.

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2014, 07:07:47 am »

I may be wrong, but I think it's Outerra on the main display (Intelligent Decisions is the ITSEC booth where Titan Im is demonstrated)

PytonPago

« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2014, 07:38:07 am »

Hard to tell from that angle, but hope someone comes whyte the ITSec events walk-trough on youtube.
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

PytonPago

« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2014, 08:41:23 am »

Well, actually, some other things are interesting too :

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2014, 10:37:52 am »

Hard to tell from that angle, but hope someone comes with the ITSec events walk-trough on youtube.

I've searched a bit but didn't find a lot of video except the official channel one. I bet there is a strict policy on pictures/video inside the event and people. Most of the pictures are from pro photographs.

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2014, 10:41:39 am »

BTW didn't know Unigine was doing simulation stuff too (from 2013 ITSEC) :

PytonPago

« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2014, 11:43:13 am »

Not the whole planet, but impressive.

The TitanIm didnt catch as much channel mainstream probably as no real sim is still on it, but maybe some of those there would get into it. Still, last day isnt there on channel yet (mind the newest is from yesterday) so maybe tomorrow something comes up.

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #39 on: December 07, 2014, 03:55:57 am »

Few other things :

They were recruiting since 2012. The job site is in polish : https://poslovi.infostud.com/posao/C-Game-Programmer/Titan-IM-Ltd/84394. So it's not a really recent project.

More interresting, they have already sold licenses of it, since 2013 actually, to the Australian department of defence (a 52,778.00$ contract) : https://www.tenders.gov.au/?event=public.cn.view&CNUUID=16C49921-E6C3-DC31-6C3C506B20353BDA

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #40 on: December 07, 2014, 12:45:27 pm »

Pages: 1 2 [3]