Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: TitanIm  (Read 51844 times)

DenisJ

• Кусь
    • VK Community
Re: TitanIm
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2016, 02:50:15 am »

Sweet.

...And instant follow-up from suggested videos. Well, really a summary of Titan from a new observer with some impressions and speculations.

« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 03:16:12 am by DenisJ »

aWac9

« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2016, 04:58:38 pm »

I've never seen these waves before.  8)

OLAS by , en Flickr

KW71

• Outerra Developer
  • Love OT!
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2016, 07:00:23 pm »

"A man who is contented with what he has done, will never become famous for what he will do".

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2016, 03:02:15 am »

Sweet.

...And instant follow-up from suggested videos. Well, really a summary of Titan from a new observer with some impressions and speculations.

He is very excited but not very informed.

Since these videos are new does that mean we can use some of these elements in OT?
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

aWac9

« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2016, 08:13:13 am »

I did not see the wave

:I :P

HD

« Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 09:21:01 am by aWac9 »

andfly

« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2016, 01:24:39 pm »

There is now a Titan channel, with a bunch of new videos:

Acc ...
Fantastic ...
These are animations !!!    :o
I do not know the English language. I use Google Translate. I hope it's all understandable.

aWac9

« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2016, 09:23:35 am »

(Alt + C ) "Write manual code line by line and then press enter key

.bind m maprender
m.wave_amp (0,05)
m.surf_amp (4)
m.wave_len (800) "

I put the code as it tells us kw71
But it looks horrible .. can you do something different?
« Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 09:26:11 am by aWac9 »

KW71

• Outerra Developer
  • Love OT!
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2016, 11:53:12 am »

Just play a bit with those numbers, till you like it...
"A man who is contented with what he has done, will never become famous for what he will do".

Matt6767

« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2016, 07:50:03 pm »

Congratulations, I'm subscribed to bluedrake and instantly saw the Outerra logo when he played the trailer.

Username

New Titan Vanguard video out
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2017, 03:54:51 pm »

Today a new Titan Vanguard demo video was published here:
Enjoy!   8)

DenisJ

• Кусь
    • VK Community
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2017, 06:32:53 pm »

Cool, but this is not the only way of infrastructure placement, right? Since Titan is made mostly for military simulations, I think that using real locations is more preferable, but isn't it where OSM comes into play? I feel like Titan should have gotten full support of road and building import from OSM a long time ago. If you are actually making your own urban environment than yeah, sure, good stuff.
From this video I realized that it would be interesting to have an option of generating a generic city with appropriate regions and other specified parameters, so that you wouldn't have to spend tens of hours aligning individual houses.

Jagerbomber

« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2017, 07:40:12 pm »

Don't think it's ready yet.
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

DenisJ

• Кусь
    • VK Community
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2017, 07:57:56 pm »

Don't think it's ready yet.

Well, you are probably right. Promo videos of Titan gave me an impression that OSM is already a thing there. And also a notion of Titan being miles ahead of standalone Outerra in terms of added features...

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2017, 03:01:58 am »

Nice video :)

Cool, but this is not the only way of infrastructure placement, right? Since Titan is made mostly for military simulations, I think that using real locations is more preferable, but isn't it where OSM comes into play? I feel like Titan should have gotten full support of road and building import from OSM a long time ago. If you are actually making your own urban environment than yeah, sure, good stuff.
From this video I realized that it would be interesting to have an option of generating a generic city with appropriate regions and other specified parameters, so that you wouldn't have to spend tens of hours aligning individual houses.

I'm not sure it was the point of this video. I think the idea here is to demonstrate it's extremely easy to create a detailed hand made area inside the engine. Most of the products like Titan use dedicated editors for scenery management, often clumsy and sometimes top-view only. Here, they are just demonstrating all of this was made inside the engine, in conditions when you can check and test everything.

Titan has OSM support, that's 100% sure (you can see the roads layout in several videos), but OSM is good for filling massive space, for a more detailed military base for example, you will need hand-made content. City and road layouts from various databases are really common in military simulators. Real time editor and complex yet simple scenery tools are rare.
Pages: 1 [2] 3