User mods, screenshots & videos > Watercraft

Orcas in pack

<< < (3/3)

aWac9:
The yacht is a beautiful woman.
How many women like her, you could put together on a deserted beach bathing?
 :P

andfly:

--- Quote from: M7 on December 08, 2014, 01:51:16 pm ---Quite a feat to have a model interact with another.

Now we need wolf pack in the similar fashion :-)

--- End quote ---
Thanks M7.
Unfortunately, the interaction is limited to instances of the same model because there is something (shared variables) they have in common.
To interact with any model you should know how to refer to the database that Outerra stores the locations of the subjects  dynamic ...

Wolves ....
First it should be capable of animating a wolf so plausible ...
And then there is, most obviously, the problem of the graphics.
A fish is still "fusiform" and even cut into pieces and made to move with a sinusoidal function, it may be quite enjoyable (trying not to dwell too much on the divisions that are still visible).
For a land animal with head, teeth, ears, feet, tail etc. etc .. maybe we should be able to import real animations created previously with a 3D drawing program, as was done with the character of the mercenary ......

andfly:

--- Quote from: Levi on December 08, 2014, 03:56:59 am ---
Aham..., that makes sense! I guess something similar could be possibly done with ground vehicles as well, isn't it? Would be very nice to have a car/truck following you anywhere you go. :D

--- End quote ---
True!
Is a special feature of the physics of the vehicles that may be useful and applicable to cars and trucks!

andfly:

--- Quote from: bomber on December 08, 2014, 02:59:11 pm ---I read somewhere about 'flocking' logic.... It's very simple.. Afterall birds are not rocket scientists

It's something like 4 simple rules..

1) follow you nearest fellow
2) never get further away than x
3) never get nearer than y

I think that's it or tho there might be a fourth rule.

Could something like this be knocked up?

--- End quote ---
Well, actually I had not raised the issue because in the sea, even touching, you are not likely to fall in screwing.
In the interaction between flying models are right, you have to judge distances.

andfly:

--- Quote from: aWac9 on December 08, 2014, 07:18:31 pm ---The yacht is a beautiful woman.
How many women like her, you could put together on a deserted beach bathing?
 :P

--- End quote ---
Ok well ... We share all good friends ... but not THAT woman on that yacht .. ;D
Tempting to enjoy the beaches deserted in good company and maybe fill the beaches of swimmers (you might gain something with boat trips), but be careful: then came the sellers of souvenir , of beach games, of carpet ...
And then the ice cream and soft drinks and hot dogs ....
Oh yes .... good times when Anteworld was a world a little 'empty but quiet, magnificent in its majesty, romantic in its desolation , absolutely gorgeous in its grandeur!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version