User mods, screenshots & videos > Watercraft

Orcas in pack

<< < (2/3) > >>

andfly:

--- Quote from: Levi on December 08, 2014, 03:56:59 am ---Wow, this is awesome! :o You just created some kind of artificial intelligence!

Keep up the good work man, you're a very creative person andfly! ;)

--- End quote ---
Well ... artificial intelligence and a little too ...
I realized that global variables are declared only once with the event init_chassis and are therefore common to all instances of the same model.
This is very handy for passing parameters between the various copies present in the scene and, with a little imagination, you can create a pack that interacts movements.

Thanks Levi, I greatly appreciate your a compliment.  :)

andfly:

--- Quote from: KW71 on December 08, 2014, 10:43:50 am ---Outerra is alive! Kudos!

--- End quote ---
A when a fishing trip on Chapala Lake , repopulated of its fish ( white fish ... no orcas ! ) ??
Stand ready rod and reel virtual ... you never know!   ;D

M7:
Quite a feat to have a model interact with another.

Now we need wolf pack in the similar fashion :-)

Levi:

--- Quote from: andfly on December 08, 2014, 01:40:37 pm ---
--- Quote from: Levi on December 08, 2014, 03:56:59 am ---Wow, this is awesome! :o You just created some kind of artificial intelligence!

Keep up the good work man, you're a very creative person andfly! ;)

--- End quote ---
Well ... artificial intelligence and a little too ...
I realized that global variables are declared only once with the event init_chassis and are therefore common to all instances of the same model.
This is very handy for passing parameters between the various copies present in the scene and, with a little imagination, you can create a pack that interacts movements.

Thanks Levi, I greatly appreciate your a compliment.  :)

--- End quote ---
Aham..., that makes sense! I guess something similar could be possibly done with ground vehicles as well, isn't it? Would be very nice to have a car/truck following you anywhere you go. :D

bomber:
I read somewhere about 'flocking' logic.... It's very simple.. Afterall birds are not rocket scientists

It's something like 4 simple rules..

1) follow you nearest fellow
2) never get further away than x
3) never get nearer than y

I think that's it or tho there might be a fourth rule.

Could something like this be knocked up?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version